Job Title: Kubernetes Engineer Location: Melbourne CBD
- Are you an engineer with great ideas and want to test them? Engineering at ANZ is the place to be
- Our Engineers work on problems that matter most to our customers. Is this you?
- We’re changing our organisation to become more of a tech company
At ANZ our purpose is to shape a world where people and communities thrive and to achieve this, we need a talented Engineer to join our Enterprise Cloud Platform. The Cloud Platform area is responsible for building and running ANZ's secure cloud platforms based on Google Cloud and AWS,
enabling the bank to make use of everything the cloud has to offer - Containers & Kubernetes, Serverless, Big Data & ML, and more. We are also responsible for tooling, methodology and automation to enable rapid cloud adoption, as well as implementing and championing SRE principles to ensure that the cloud delivers the expected performance, reliability and availability to support our business. And we do this with sound engineering discipline, delivering cloud-native security, controls, and governance that mean we have a platform we can trust. What a typical day might look like? As an Engineer within the Cloud Platform Tech Area , you will be responsible for building and running the cloud platforms for one of Australia's largest financial institutions. Don't let that scare you though, we're doing things differently for the cloud.
- You will be a specialist in Kubernetes and Docker and have a passion for all things cloud-native.
- You automate all the things and apply best-practices in CI/CD and infrastructure automation. You (or aspire to) design, build and operate large scale container workloads across public clouds.
- You will likely know more than one cloud and Kubernetes offering and be able to bring experience in service meshes, networking, software, and SRE to our cloud estate - starting as always with the code.
- We use many of the latest and greatest open-source tools, so you will need to be comfortable with constantly learning new tools and techniques along with running proof of concept evaluations to keep us on the leading edge.
- We will turn to you for suggestions on how to improve the platforms, processes and tools. We expect that you already have great ideas you can share at our cloud guilds & user groups, along with industry Meetups.
What will likely be in your toolkit? We are looking for engineers that already possess some or all of the following skills:
- You have built and run Cloud technology at scale and have experience with either AWS, GCP or Azure
- Ability to advise upon, design and implement cloud security, availability and reliability best practices
- Proficient with Docker, Kubernetes/OpenShift
- Experience implementing Infrastructure as code via eg Terraform/Cloud Formation, along with continuous integration/delivery tooling such as Bitbucket/GitHub, Google Cloud Build/Bamboo/Jenkins, Spinnaker, etc.
- Knowledge of IP networking is advantageous
- Experience working with operations and architecture groups developing scalable and supportable solutions
While few of our engineers have all the skills above, they do all code. The particular language and tools used are not as important as your development skills and learning aptitude. We’re making ANZ a great place for engineers to grow. You’ll learn and innovate because underpinning everything we do is a Growth Mindset. We’ll challenge you to become an industry-leading engineer while supporting you in a friendly work environment. We’re reinventing the way we do banking, and our community of collaborative, innovative thinkers who create human centred solutions are helping us get there. We’re responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter and helping people achieve incredible things – be it buying their home, building a business or saving for things big or small. We support our people by providing a range of flexible working options so they can work in the way that best suits them. We encourage you to talk to us about your need for flexibility and any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself. We’ll also offer you the opportunity to develop your career, working in a diverse and inclusive workplace where the different backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people are celebrated and create a great place to grow, thrive and belong. Interested in joining us? Apply now, or visit www.anz.com/careers to find out more or view other opportunities. Reference number AUS119258
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Who we are What do Slack, Kind and Salesforce have in common? They use Culture Amp every day to make their workplaces better and grow highly engaged employees. They also make up a community of over [...]
Our engineering team in Australia works at a scale that most companies only dream about, and where the challenges start to get seriously interesting. This means you will get a chance to do cool things [...]
About Cognizant Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stron [...]
Job Description JD Consulting Architect - Worldwide Telco Practice Why work for VMware WWPS? The VMware Worldwide Professional Services Organization (WWPS) drives the success of each VMware imple [...]