This role will support the Appointed Actuary in providing accurate and expert advice in relation to valuation outcomes to the general insurance business as well as in the function of statutory reporting. The role has a focus on the valuation and consolidation of GI results and will give high level exposure to valuation and capital functions within the Suncorp group.
- Deliver technical analysis that provides the basis for the Appointed Actuary’s recommendations
- Deliver the statistical/actuarial analysis to assist in the estimation of risk margins and claim handling expense loadings
- Prepare detailed presentations for communication of results
- Communicate key results of analysis to internal stakeholders
- Prepare technical reports or related documentation as required
- Champion the philosophy of having the customer first in everything that we do
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Relevant degree in Statistics, Actuarial, Engineering, Mathematics, Econometrics or Computer Science related field
- Experience working within an analytical role and/or using SAS and Excel is advantageous
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Good understanding of the Insurance products, industry, market environment and customer segment
- The ability to analyse data and identify key issues and develop solutions, and drive data-based decisions
- Adaptable and responsive to a continuously changing environment
- Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis
Discounts of up to 25% on our various Insurance, Banking & Superannuation products
Flexible work from home arrangements; we have a genuine focus on work-life balance
Numerous discounts with our corporate partners (retail & shopping / travel & holiday / health & wellbeing). We offer support and various programs for our people: (Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health & Wellbeing, Study Support, Employee Referral Program, Facilities for nursing mothers, Company share options, Social club, Years of Service Recognition).
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Who is Equifax? Equifax is a leading global data, analytics and technology company, supporting customers across 24 countries. We're devoted to building a diverse and inclusive culture, where employ [...]
Senior Analyst, Model Monitoring Syd or Melb - Sydney Responsibilities Assist in the management of the ongoing monitoring of Credit Risk models to establish/ maintain 'best ' risk management [...]
Company: Description: Mercer is seeking candidates for the following position based in Sydney: Senior Analyst, Actuarial Consulting - Institutional Wealth What can you expect? As a Senior Analyst, Act [...]
Job Description At CommBank, we never lose sight of the role we play in other people’s financial wellbeing. Our focus is to help people and businesses move forward, to progress. To make the right [...]