You might think you know us, but we’re transforming.
In this rapidly evolving commercial landscape, we’re changing too. In the Community & Consumer department, we’ve embraced the rise of digital and integrated the customer into everything we do – from the design of our strategies through to the execution of our day to day activities.
And we’re only getting started.
The Community & Consumer team has end to end accountability for identifying, anticipating and satisfying customer and community requirements – from market research, marketing planning to brand positioning and product placement. We’re also strategically oversee advertising,
promotional activities and understanding and influencing community and public relationships.
We’re on the lookout for innovative people to join our team. Working within a start-up culture that’s backed by all the resources Australia Post provides, the opportunity to innovate and push boundaries to improve services for all Australians is ready and waiting.
What does the role involve?
The Operations Manager has overall accountability for leading and managing product flow from our 3PL network to our outlets. The role has accountability for planning, developing process, manage and execute the movement of products from vendors into our distribution footprint and from there into Australia Post’s Post Office Network (PON).
Reporting into the Supply and Logistics Manager, the role works closely with a wide range of functions, including but not limited to, product groups and managers, procurement and the Post Office Network (PON), to manage the flow of a diverse range of product from vendors to the retail network.
What are the key responsibilities?
Strategy Execution & Customer
- Manage the planning and execution of products from vendors to our 3PL and finally into Australia Post’s retail network
- Management of the end to end fulfilment planning process for all core products, business consumables and merchandise products
- Functional lead of systems and process development for inbound planning, outbound planning, MRP and other inventory systems and functions
- Lead continuous improvement programs
- Customer service / stakeholder management and communication
- Vendor execution management and vendor development and monitoring
- Establish processes in support of best practices enabling sound DC capacity and resource planning and linking volume to financial performance
- Manage/report operational and financial performance associated with Domestic Fulfilment
- Manage Control and Financials associated with WHS fulfilment
- Establishment and ongoing management of the integrated planning process
Leadership & Organisation
- Lead a high performing team with behaviours aligned to Culture Pillars
- Provide coaching and support to graduate and entry level positions within team
- Coach & monitor performance of direct reports
- Actively manage safety, health and wellbeing of team
- Lead and manage a team of technically skilled and proficient inventory supply chain professionals
- Develop technical skills and capabilities to leverage the significant investments in SAP IS Retail systems
What are we looking for?
- Extensive experience in running multiple warehouse operations simultaneously or managing 3PLs
- Strong and relevant supply chain experience in a manufacturing/production environment
- Experience delivering operational and planning outcomes through exposure to diverse supply chains and organisations.
- Communicating with, influencing and advising senior business leaders and stakeholders
- Excellent communications skills
We believe investing our people is good business.
That’s why we have team dedicated to career coaching and support for our employees. And we know that your life outside of work matters. So while we work hard, we also have a culture that promotes a genuine work/life balance.
Together, our differences make us stronger.
With a reach across Australia and beyond, we’re building a workforce that’s as diverse as the communities we serve. Learn more about how we're supporting inclusion at Australia Post, here. If you require adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition Diversity Team at [email protected]
Australia Post welcomes applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islanders. Check out this short video to find out how we acknowledge and pay our respects to the Traditional Custodians of the land we operate on.
Ready to join the transformation of Australia Post?
Click apply now , to help shape our tomorrow.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Victoria Job Responsibilities Business Development - Achieve individual objectives and contribute to the achievement of store objectives. - Strive to always increase brand and product k [...]
- Career progression opportunities with an industry #GAMECHANGER - Monthly clothing allowance provided + up to 50% team discount! - Innovation, empowerment & growth - join our #DREAMTEAM AT DECJ [...]
Customer Care Representative - Immediate start - 12 months contract –on a temporary fulltime contract. The initial contract will be for 12 months with the possibility of extension or transiti [...]
ABOUT OUR CLIENT Our client has been operating within the Latrobe Valley for 40 years and are industry leaders across South East Victoria. They are now seeking a highly driven and motivated Client S [...]