Australian Government Department of Defence
The APS3 Administration Officer is accountable under limited direction to perform and achieve straightforward procedural, operational, administrative and business support work within an integrated workforce. They are accountable to understand and comply with relevant legislative frameworks, government decision-making and Defence’s mission and policies requirements, they will work established priorities and procedures, while exercising some autonomy about how their work is performed. The ability to work with limited Supervision, prioritise and manage their workflow and produce work that is subject to routine monitoring by senior Defence employees. They may undertake specialist, procedural, clerical,
administrative support or operational tasks including some basic research and analysis activities to support their work unit. The work may have an element of complexity and may also be required to provide some limited supervision and support to Defence employees at lower classifications, as well as providing on-the-job training to team members.
The duties of an APS3 Administration Officer occupation in Defence include the following (note: not all duties are required to be performed during a 12 month performance cycle):
- Perform straightforward tasks that support the delivery of procedural, operational, administrative and business support activities across Defence.
- Respond to straightforward operational, procedural, administrative and business support enquiries and maintain accurate records and files in accordance with relevant Defence work practices, procedures and policies.
- Acquire and apply the skills, knowledge and experience necessary to provide advice and services for a range of straightforward operational, procedural, administrative and business support activities.
- Clarify and apply an understanding of Defence's corporate requirements including relevant legislation, established principles, work practices and procedures necessary to achieve work area outcomes.
- Build and sustain relationships with team members, stakeholders and actively participate in team work and group activities.
- Listen to internal and external stakeholders and respond under limited direction to changes in stakeholder needs and expectations to achieve outcomes.
- Collect and consolidate data and information and provide assistance in the preparation of written submissions, reports and other correspondence for internal and external stakeholders.
- Select the appropriate course of action to progress work to meet business objectives, seek advice and guidance on more complex issues.
- Understand the operational, technical and resources requirements of a task and assist in the coordination, delivery and reporting of that task.
About our Team
Weapons and Combat Systems Division (WCSD) as part of DST Group applies science and technology to the capability analysis, development and operation of weapon and combat systems relevant to the ADF. Areas of focus include weapon guidance technologies, assessment of both, weapons and combat systems, tactical information exchange, physical force protection and national security to provide Defence with the ability to meet key drivers in the weapon and combat systems domain
Our Ideal Candidate
Position Specific Role
Residing in the DST Explosive Ordnance Safety and Management (EOSM) Team, the Administration Officer (Explosive Ordnance Management Systems) has the primary role of controlling DST’s Explosives Management System (XMS) documentation and records in support of the DST EO safety and management program. This includes specialist safety-critical research plant and equipment, and associated facilities maintenance and compliance records beyond that provided by the Estates and Infrastructure Group (EIG).
The Administration Officer reports to the Principal Explosive Ordnance Safety Advisor.
Position Specific Responsibilities
- Provide administration management and document control, review and maintenance for the DST XMS, including associated records, registers and files/dossiers.
- Manage EO authorised Materiel Handling Equipment (MHE) and specialist Plant and Equipment (P&E;) maintenance records, registers and databases.
- Perform data entry support to the management of the EO Maintenance database (MEX).
- Conduct simple procurement, contract support and purchasing and acquittal activities.
- Maintain the Work Permit register and related records on Objective, and assist in the production, authorisation and record keeping of “Hot works permits” and “Work Permits” for contractors working in the Explosive Danger Area (EDA).
- Prepare and publish of DST Explosive Management System Bulletins.
In the absence of the Assistant Supervisor Research EO, carry out the management, monitoring, and actioning of correspondence received in the EOSM group email box:
- registering and forwarding of XMS Form 9 Task Requests
- actioning of returned IAT monthly EO adjustment forms IAW DST-XMS-INS-054
- Assist with the planning, preparation and conduct and of EO related training activities, including the explosive safety awareness course.
- As required and as appropriate, carry out safety induction and the monitoring, supervising and escorting of personnel and equipment accessing the EDA.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
- $73,636 - $92,150 (plus super) - Campbell Park - ACT, Darwin - NT, East Fremantle - WA, Edinburgh - SA, Melbourne CBD - VIC The Role Do you understand security, security incident management and [...]
The Healthy Habits program aims to improve access to local nutrition and physical activity services across regions of Country SA for individuals with chronic disease or health risk factors. The Healt [...]
Job Description - Make a mark in managing , facilitating and conducting Continuous Improvement (CI) initiatives - Play a key role in planning and rolling out a production system methodology - An unr [...]
We invite you to be part of an organisation in which 72% of staff have voted a 'TRULY GREAT PLACE TO WORK' by Best Australia. Do you want to be part of an exciting opportunity and on the cutting ed [...]