Government of Western Australia
Regional and Fire Management Services Division Trainee Ranger (MATES) DBCA3123038 RNPGA, Grade RA1, $47,351 - $53,182 p.a.
Under Section 50D of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984, Aboriginality is a genuine requirement for this position with preference given to Noongar community members or approved Noongar applicants.
Similar appointments may be made from this process in locations throughout Western Australia within a 12-month period to positions that may be permanent or contract, including contract appointments with the possibility of subsequent permanency.
THIS IS AN 18-MONTH FIXED-TERM, FULL-TIME POSITION
(WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF EXTENSION OR PERMANENCY)
THIS POSITION IS BASED IN BUNBURY
APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION CLOSE AT MIDDAY ON TUESDAY, 1 DECEMBER 2020
Under the immediate direction of the Operations Officer:
- Participates in a range of activities relating to conservation and parks and visitor services within the Kalgulup Regional Park in the South West Region, including prescribed burning, bushfire suppression and control, fauna and flora protection, construction and maintenance of infrastructure, support of tourism and recreational activities and the operation of associated machinery.
- This position is a mentored development employment opportunity for Aboriginal people with preference given to Noongar community members or approved Noongar applicants.
Applicants should address the following four (4) criteria, including where possible the desirable criterion. These should be addressed in no more than three (3) pages in total.
- Aboriginality is a genuine requirement for this position with preference given to Noongar community members or approved Noongar applicants.
- Experience or interest in working on country and ability to participate in manual activities related to conservation and recreation management; including maintenance and construction of visitor facilities, flora and fauna protection and fire suppression and control.
- Evidence of ability to liaise and interact in a positive manner. Have good communication and interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively in a team.
- Experience in operating equipment such as chainsaws, brush cutters and common maintenance tools. (Desirable)
Note: The successful applicant will be required to possess or obtain a current (issue date not older than 6 months) and satisfactory National Police Check prior to commencement.
The successful applicant will be required to possess or obtain a current Working With Children Check card prior to commencement.
For the full role description, detailed responsibilities and a full list of selection criteria, please refer to attached Job Description below. The documents attached to this advertisement are available in alternative formats upon request.
For Further Job Related Information: Please contact Ms Aminya Ennis on (08) 9725 4300 , or for further information about the Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions please visit .
To allow the selection panel to make an accurate assessment of your application, please submit the following:
- A written response addressing the above four (4) requested criteria (in no more than three (3) pages).
- A current resume.
To ensure that you submit the required and appropriate information in your application, please read the attached Job Application Kit carefully. All documents attached with your application must be in Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format.
Applicants are encouraged to apply online. To avoid last minute congestion of the system, please endeavour to submit your application well before the closing time.
No late or proforma applications will be accepted.
A search for additional applicants may be conducted for this position where necessary in order to provide a more diverse and/or competitive field.
Substantive Equality Statement
The Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Indigenous Australians, young people, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and women to apply for positions within our agency. People with disability will be provided with reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace. The Department also promotes flexible working arrangements.
Applicants with a disability who require adjustments in the recruitment process can contact the Recruitment Officer on (08) 9219 9879 or . Do not send job applications to this email; they will not be accepted.
You can view and print these PDF attachments by downloading .
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
KCM / Kitchen Formations are seeking a cabinetmaker / installer to join our team if you have what it takes please apply. [...]
With an immediate start available in Bunbury, our Support Workers strive to make our clients community goals a reality. Whether that's taking part in a new activity or hobby, meeting new people or jus [...]
Registered Nurse - Fixed term, full time role - Attractive salary packaging options - up to $15,899 tax free - Working in the community with a range of clients - Will include weekends - Fixed term fo [...]
PERSOLKELLY is one of Australia's leading professional, engineering and technical recruitment agencies, servicing clients nationally. We are currently looking for an experienced Mine Controller to wo [...]