City Of Parramatta
About the role
This position is responsible for the provision of an independent internal audit assurance service to achieve a systematic approach to evaluating and improving the effectiveness of operational, internal control and governance processes. On a daily basis you will:
- Carry out independent internal audits and appraisals of the effectiveness of the policies, procedures and standards.
- Provide independent analysis, review, advice and recommendations concerning the activities reviewed.
- Organise Audit Risk & Improvement Committee (ARIC) meetings.
- Prepare periodic reports for the ARIC on internal audit activities.
- Management and overview of the activities of contractors conducting internal audits.
- Liaison with the External Auditor (shared with Finance).
- Liaison with and monitoring of business units regarding their response to audit findings and implementation of recommendations within agreed timeframes.
- Reporting to senior management on audit recommendations within their Directorate, including the progress of implementation of the audit recommendations against agreed timeframes.
- Provide advice and guidance to management and staff in the application of sound internal controls, statutory requirements of the Local Government Act and Council policies.
- Develop and administer a comprehensive strategic internal audit program based on a risk management analysis to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of management system.
About the person
The successful candidate should have previous internal audit experience and a practical knowledge of auditing standards, including a sound understanding of local government internal audit function, accounting requirements, practices and systems.
It would be preferred but not essential for applicants to have:
- Ability to research, analyse and problem solve, understand and interpret complex information.
- Ability to undertake interpersonal and written communication at a high level including negotiation and facilitation
- Minimum of five (5) years internal audit experience
- Tertiary qualifications (Diploma level) in Accounting, Business, Local Government discipline or demonstrated equivalent work experience.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
- Permanent part-time role, 3-4 days per week - $25hr-$27hr + super, Emu Plains location - Basic MYOB and Excel experience needed, varied duties Permanent Part-Time Office Administrator Th [...]
We need a team player who is keen on learning indian cuisine and is focused on a carrier to become a chef. Person doing or have done cookery course would be preferred . [...]
- Manage a team of 10-15 - Customer focused mindset required We are working closely with a State Government Department that is looking for professional, approachable and customer focused team leade [...]
Senior MuleSoft engineer opportunity on high profile project for leading government agency in Parramatta. Your new company Critical government organisation based in Parramatta. Responsible for [...]