The De Beers Group of Companies
Are you a Mining Engineer experienced in Mining Strategies & Mine Plans across Drill & Blast Scheduling, Draglines, Truck & Shovels, & Design? If so, we want to hear from you!
Metallurgical Coal Australia
Metallurgical coal is an essential ingredient in blast-furnace steel manufacture, producing steel used for critical building and infrastructure around the world. In Australia, we operate two open cut and three underground metallurgical coal mines in Queensland’s Bowen Basin, every year producing millions of tonnes of the highest quality hard coking coal for this purpose.
Reporting to the Technical Services Superintendent,
you will deliver best practice mining engineering services and support to our Dawson Mine. You will develop and implement Drill & Blast Patterns, Tie-ups & Schedules.
In addition, you will utilise your experience to integrate the Drill and Blast process into the short and medium term mine plans, schedule and communicate these to critical stakeholders.
You must have a strong commitment to health, safety and environmental standards as well as strong planning, technical knowledge and interpersonal skills.
Exposure to Minescape, Deswik, Gantt Scheduler, Spry and/or mining/blasting software will be highly regarded. You will utilise your experience of the coal mining operations as well as your knowledge in mine Drill and Blast software to deliver achievable and efficient mine plans.
With the support of the planning team, you will be required to actively engage with the production team to communicate mine plans and schedules to ensure that the production processes are optimised in order to continuously increase the operational efficiency.
The Key Technical outputs:
- Provide mine planning services to the Operation, & strategic mine development advice on how to optimise the value of the mines resource.
- Provide details on mine planning, development of life of mine plan & a rolling five-year plan.
- Provide the Operating areas with robust plans to ensure the business is able to meet production targets.
Required relevant experience overview:
- Mining Engineering practical on-the-job experience (> 5 years)
- In depth knowledge of Mine Planning (within Drill & Blast operations is a must)
- An understanding of the coal mining process
- Understanding of budgeting and analysis methods
- Effective and clear communication and interpersonal skills
- A high level of strategic thinking, planning and problem solving ability
- An understanding of key safety risks and ways to mitigate these
- Sound knowledge of economics applied to mining engineering
Bachelor of Engineering (Mining preferable) or equivalent.
To be successful in the role, you will hold a bachelor’s degree of Mining Engineering (or equivalent) combined with proven 5 years’ experience in Short-term Mine Planning for open cut coal operations.
This is a full-time, permanent, Monday – Friday role based at our Dawson Mine in Moura, QLD. This role is suitable for DIDO and residential options, with subsidised accommodation included. Alternatively, FIFO (salary sacrifice) options are also available.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.
Inclusion and Diversity
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all employees. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for all vacant positions.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
- DIDO & camp and meals provided - Even time 7/7 Roster - 12hr days & nights About the Company: Stellar Recruitment operate and specialise in the Mining Recruitment sector and have done so since t [...]
Overview Company Description: You’re dedicated, talented and have an eye for detail. That’s why you’ll fit in. High performing teams that work together to make decisions and get things done more [...]
Overview Company Description: You’re dedicated, have a commitment to workplace health & safety, and strong organisational, planning & prioritising skills - That’s why you’ll fit in! MetCoal Aust [...]
The Role Ventia has been engaged to provide Hard and Soft FM services including village maintenance and accommodation to a number of Anglo American sites across the Bowen Basin and we are now invitin [...]