Cardno Geosciences is an integrated geotechnical engineering, hydrogeological and environmental consultant to a wide range of clients working on infrastructure and developments, both for private and public entities across Australia. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an emerging Geotechnical Engineer to join our Melbourne team on a permanent basis.
On offer is a flexible work environment that can be tailored to you and your situation. While we have embraced remote working during Covid-19, our office is centrally located in the CBD within walking distance of a city loop railway station, surrounded by cafés and restaurants, with a free on-site gym available to staff.
This position offers the opportunity to:
- Continue to develop your technical geotechnical engineering skills by working with a wide range of experienced and highly qualified geotechnical engineers, hydrogeologists, geotechnicians and environmental scientists/engineers in a collaborative team environment
- Undertake fieldwork activities and fieldwork supervision
- Undertake geotechnical analytical analyses in areas such as slope stability, pavement designs, foundations and retaining walls
- Participate in the delivery of high profile projects
- Undertake project management under supervision
- Undertake analysis of data to develop and implement practical and commercial solutions
To be successful you will display –
- Tertiary qualifications in Geotechnical or Civil Engineering with completion of geotechnical electives and/or major as part of your university studies
- Demonstrated 1-5 years’ practical experience with a geotechnical engineering consultant
- Experience in field geotechnical investigations including logging and supervision of geotechnical drilling activities
- Previous experience with engineering software packages such as gINT, GEOSLOPE, PLAXIS, AutoCAD would be of assistance
- A demonstrated passion for working in the geotechnical engineering discipline
- High level report writing with excellent communication skills
- Adept to working within a team environment through well-developed interpersonal skills
- A positive person with a proactive attitude
- Keen to get involved and learn from others including other disciplines, whilst also contributing to a vibrant team
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Phillip Riley Projects (PRP) are a resourcing partner for leading renewable energy projects across Australia. Our team ensures the right people are in the right place, at the right time, to help devel [...]
Founded in Victoria in 2003, we have grown rapidly into a mid-sized engineering consultancy employing over 300 people across Australia and China. An end-to-end supplier of engineering, surveying, a [...]
Job Description Our Melbourne office has a secure pipeline of diverse and high-profile city shaping projects, and several promising prospects on the horizon. Some examples include Suburban Rail Loop [...]
Datarock is a Melbourne-based startup, founded in early by DiUS and Solve Geosolutions, we globally launched Datarock CORE in Canada and are now focusing on the further development of our product and [...]