ATCO Australia, part of the ATCO Group of Companies, develops, builds, owns and operates energy infrastructure assets across Australia with capabilities in power generation, transmission and distribution of electricity and gas, energy (gas) storage, industrial water processing and modular solutions to a diverse range of customers across the country.
ATCO's Australian operations are headquartered in Perth, Western Australia and specialise in creating innovative, customer focused energy and infrastructure solutions. ATCO owns and operates Western Australia's largest gas distribution network with more than 750,000 connection points and 14,000km of pipelines.
ATCO also operates two progressive power generation stations - in Adelaide and the Pilbara. These facilities collectively generate 266 megawatts of power, providing energy for thousands of public sector, domestic, industrial and commercial consumers across the country.
ATCO is looking for a Legal Counsel with some experience in the Construction, Utilities and/or Energy Sector. The position will be responsible for the provision of legal support as part of the Corporate Services & Legal team.
What you will contribute to:
- Preparing, negotiating and finalizing commercial contracts with reference to ATCO’s methods of business, contractual relations and resolution of disputes or issues.
- Working with business development teams on new projects including assisting with commercial contracts and general legal advice.
- Implementing contract management systems and ensuring that the relevant protocols are followed in relation to the contract life-cycle.
- Reviewing and providing specialist advice or expertise associated with the contracting processes and commercially acceptable outcomes.
- Reviewing and assessing risk in contractual arrangements and maintaining contract review processes.
- Providing legal advice to ATCO’s Australian entitles on a broad range of issues including general commercial, corporate, dispute resolution, procurement, gas and energy legislation and employment law.
- Managing debt recovery matters by preparing letters, court and other documents as necessary.
- Ensuring that appropriate risk analysis is conducted and any identified risks are managed, monitored and addressed.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years PQE – experience of in-house desirable but not essential.
- University degree qualification in Law coupled with admission or eligibility for immediate admission to practice in Western Australia – must hold or be entitled to hold an unrestricted practicing certificate in WA.
- Considerable legal experience, knowledge and application of legal principles in operation, commercial and/or regulatory requirements.
- Experience in the energy sector and working in a commercial setting would be advantageous.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Work type: Temporary - National Law Firm - Perth CBD - Workers' Compensation The Firm: Hudson are currently recruiting on behalf of a progressive, forward-thinking law firm based in Perth CBD. W [...]
Company Information Description Do you have a genuine interest in the law? Have you studied law, justice, criminology or legal studies? Are you interested in a challenging and rewarding career wo [...]
Australia - Western Australia, Perth Job Summary An exciting opportunity has become available in our Perth office for an experienced lawyer with 4-7 years’ PAE to join our ANZ Legal Team. Reportin [...]
Time Remaining days Customer Service Officer Court and Tribunal Services Salary: Level , PS CSA Agreement , $, - $, per annum pro rata Position number: Pool Ref Work type: Permanent - Part [...]