New South Wales
Through our Connections program, Mission Australia in partnership with the Far West Local Health District endeavours to provide participants with the ability to overcome barriers in social isolation and living with mental illness through creating connections with each other and their community.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Undertake initial contact with clients
- Engage participants and develop trusting and professional relationships
- Learn about each participant’s interests and their relationships with their family and friends in order to create a tailored approach to build these connections
- Provide emotional support to the participants by harnessing your own lived experience
- Help connect the participants to meaningful activities and networks to keep them engaged
- Co-facilitating and collaborating in planning peer-based groups
- Participate in special projects as agreed with the Program Coordinator/Area Manager
Requirements for Success
- A personal lived experience of mental ill health and recovery in which you have experienced your own mental health challenges and utilised services from a mental health service or individual provider
- knowledge of community activities, programs, and networks in the Broken Hill area
- Demonstrated ability to build effective partnerships
- Ability to work rostered hours (evenings, weekends and public holidays as required)
- Computer literacy preferably using Windows
- Current Drivers Licence
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- A qualification in Mental Health (desirable) or the willingness to work towards obtaining Cert IV in Mental Health Peer Work
- Strong integrity in the workplace and understanding of professional boundaries
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Reference: 36048 The Hospital The Royal Children's Hospital (RCH) Melbourne is one of the world's great children's hospitals. We are the major specialist paediatric hospital in Victoria and our ca [...]
Administrative Service Officer 4 - Personal Assistant (Job Number: 01SDK) Description Job Title: Personal Assistant Classification: Administrative Services Officer Class 4 Position Number: 43972 [...]
- Apply your talent where it counts - Utilise your training expertise and leadership skills and help shape the Defence aviation industry - Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within our strong [...]
Job no: 500078 Work type: Full-time Location: Sydney, NSW Categories: Research Administration support The National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre (NDARC) was established at the University [...]