About the role
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Part time 0.7 FTE | Maximum term to June 2021 | Based at Dandenong
- Passionate team environment with supportive leadership
About the opportunity
In light of the COVID-19 response, we have a new opportunity for a social worker to join our Family Violence Services Program. The position is part time 53.2 hours per fortnight, and initially maximum term to 30 June 2021.
The Family Violence Services Program provides case management and counselling support to women and children impacted by family violence. The program supports clients with psycho-education, court support, navigating intervention orders,
and liaising with other services and referral pathways that assist with building safety and wellbeing.
As an Immediate Assistance Practitioner you will support women and children with:
- Immediate, short-term assistance over the phone and through outreach where appropriate
- Initial risk and needs assessments and safety plans
- Sourcing of temporary accommodation
- Funding applications and referrals to other services
View the full position description here
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description including having a relevant tertiary qualification in a field related to Social Work or Psychology.
Please address the following questions related to the person specification, to be uploaded as part of your application:
- Describe examples of how you have assessed risk to families
- Summarise your knowledge and applied use of the family-centered approach, and family strengthening and empowerment models of practice in the context of family violence
- Provide examples of your strategies for organisation and time management to demonstrate your ability to work within an immediate and short-term assistance model
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
About Simply Maid: Simply Maid is a PREMIUM cleaning company and we're looking for the BEST cleaners to work with us. We value quality and communication and will pay well for great cleaners. [...]
- Grow your experience of Forensic Intervention. - Earn $87,640 to $99,438 per annum plus super. - Full time, ongoing, part time and fixed term vacancies available. Do you have a background in ps [...]
2 x general labourers with a WWC ticket needed for Monday start! Job is general labouring and laying down synthetic turf on a school grounds. Once job is completed, the agency will provide ongoing w [...]
Reference: VG/029788 The Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions (DJPR) was established to ensure Victoria's strong economic performance by growing industries and regions. Here at DJPR, we're maki [...]