Healthcare Australia (HCA) is a National Organisation & Registered NDIS provider specialising in Core Supports providing in home support and community access to NDIS participants in and around the Sunshine Coast area. We are currently looking for creative and outgoing support workers to engage and motivate our customers to achieve their NDIS goals.
The Role - Disability Support Worker:
- Looking for support workers to commit to regular and consistent shift schedules as well as irregular hours, including early mornings/ evenings, weekends and public holidays.
- Support individuals with intellectual, mental health and/or physical disabilities.
- Must be creative and resourceful to assist customers achieve their goals.
- Passionate, empathetic & committed to provide the best care for each individual
- Delivering high quality person centered support
- Daily living assistance in the home and the community
- Support physical health and emotional well-being
- Assisting individuals to and from community-based activities and appointments.
- Complete all relevant documentation and reporting as required
Skills and Experience:
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and resilience skills
- Proven skills and abilities in providing quality support to people with mental illness and/ or disabilities
- Adaptability to work with different individuals including complex and challenging behaviours.
- Able to cope with the physical and mental demands of the job
- A strong sense of professional boundaries
- Great communication skills
- Demonstrated experience supporting clients with Spinal Cord Injuries and other physical disabilities
- Experience with specialty supports, such as Bowel & Catheter Care, Peg Feeding, Midazolam trained
- Experience with high Personal Care
- Demonstrated experience supporting clients with complex behaviours and high needs
- Be fit and active
- Have a strong sense of professional boundaries
- 6+ months paid work in a similar role
- Cert III in Disability or Individual Support or higher is highly regarded
- Midazolam trained, Peg Feed and Bowel Care
- QLD - Current "Paid" Blue Card
- QLD - Current Yellow Card
- First Aid Certificate issued within the last 3 years (or willing to obtain)
- CPR Certificate issued within the last 12 months (or willing to obtain)
- Evidence of work rights (e.g. Passport, Birth Certificate or VISA)
- QLD Unrestricted Driver Licence
- Own reliable transport (willing to use for work)
- Current Full Comprehensive Car Insurance
- Smartphone (iOS or Android)
- Opportunity to work consistent weekly hours
- 24/7 support with a dedicated after-hours team
- Manage your shifts and payroll on our easy to use eHCA App
- Weekly pay
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Image Courtesy of Nambour Special School About Nambour Special School Nambour Special School is situated in the hinterland of the Sunshine Coast. Nambour Special School has 10 teaching areas wit [...]
BUSY At Work has over 40 years experience in launching careers and getting people into work. The largest Australian Apprenticeship Network Support provider in Queensland, BUSY At Work has offices thro [...]
Description and Requirements Welcome to Helping Hands ! We provide before & after school care and school holiday programs to primary school aged children in Kawana and surrounding Sunshine Coast s [...]
KJ Bolt Trade Fasteners Pty Ltd is a leading supplier of industrial & construction fasteners throughout South East Queensland and Australia. KJ Bolt Trade Fasteners has been established for over 20 ye [...]