Thomson Geer is a large Australian Corporate law firm with offices in Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth. The firm has more than 560 partners and staff nationally, and offers a dynamic, friendly and professional work environment. We are passionate about constantly providing value to our clients – their business success is our priority. This focus on client value is a key reason for our success.
An opportunity has arisen within our Adelaide office for a finance and administration assistant in our highly regarded IPTechnology & Regulatory team. The role is to support our IP Technology & Regulatory team with the billing and other finance and administrative processes in a high volume practice.
We are looking for a process-oriented, confident individual who can provide both accurate and timely support.
General responsibilities include:
- Following strict billing cycles, including the regular update of fee estimates, ensuring disbursements are loaded correctly and additional instructions are captured.
- Preparing up-to-date and accurate WIP reports in preparation for billing, preparing and finalising invoices and sending to clients.
- Assisting with the process of new trade mark applications and renewal instructions, including the opening of new matters and creating new clients and/or contacts.
- Regularly updating our trade mark management system so that the task lists produced are current and accurate.
- Liaising with clients and producing correspondence through use of a precedent bank.
- Daily monitoring of the Australian and New Zealand trade mark registers, and assisting with reporting.
- Booking client meetings and travel arrangements on an ad hoc basis.
To be successful in this role you will:
- need exceptional attention to detail
- have excellent time management and organisational skills
- be able to coordinate and prioritise work from multiple authors in order to meet strict deadlines
- be able to efficiently navigate various file management and accounting systems
- have exceptional communication and written skills
- be highly driven in the area of client service
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to take the next step in their career in a fun, fast paced team environment.
What we offer
At Thomson Geer, we offer increased meaning in work for support roles. On top of this we have a high calibre client base, and a collaborative and supportive team environment for ambitious candidates that are improvement focused.
Thomson Geer has a “well-being @ work” program encompassing flu vaccinations, skin health checks, and an employee assistance program. We also have an active social club and are supportive of flexible working practices.
What you need to do
If this sounds like the role for you please submit your application via the "Apply" link below.
Please note: We are not taking agency applications at this time.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
We are recruiting for the role of a Business Improvement & Optimisation (BIO) Practitioner to join our BIO Functional Team. This role will be leading and facilitating strategic BIO initiatives and ena [...]
Davis and Brooks Building Services is a family run business which has been operating in Adelaide metro area for over 35 years. We are looking for a enthusiastic person with a genuine interest in havi [...]
- Paid Internship Over Summer Holidays - Six-Week Full-Time Role (11 Jan- 19 Feb 2021) - Mile End Head Office Location About RAA: As one of the state’s largest and most iconic organisations, [...]
The Applidyne Electronic Design Engineering Internship is offered annually in conjunction with the University of Adelaide. It is an opportunity for students in the penultimate year of a Bachelor of El [...]