At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
We are seeking a Projects Supervisor to join our high performing team in Port Hedland on 8/6 roster either FIFO or Residential in Port Hedland.
Reporting to the Lead Projects Supervisor, within the Port Engineering Projects team your duties will include:
• Ongoing commitment to Zero Harm through Field Leadership, endorsement of quality Risk Assessments and Critical Control Verification;
• Demonstrate Visible Leadership through understanding of material risks and on site vigilance including Hazard / event identification and investigation;
• Co-ordinate the contractor site mobilization process in compliance with the Pre-mobilization process;
• Monitor and manage contractor’s compliance with their Safety Management Plan and Hazard Register;
• Day‐to‐day on‐site supervision of contractor and sub‐contractor groups to ensure that technical and quality standards are achieved safely (ITPs , MDR Compilation)
• Monitoring of planned site progress and contractor resource capability and capacity;
Location Port Hedland is home to our port and rail operations and is the largest regional centre in North West Australia. The 20,000-strong population enjoys well-established education services, entertainment, shopping and medical facilities. The excellent sporting and leisure facilities include; a new aquatic centre, sports stadium and water play park. Its beaches and mangroves are home to an abundance of fish and other wildlife. Within driving distance are the spectacular Broome, Karratha and Karijini national Park. As this is a residential position you will also be provided with subsidised rental accommodation in addition to power and water subsidies.The outstanding facilities at the FIFO villages include; a fully equipped gym, TV lounge and games rooms.
Your skills in working with multiple stakeholders to deliver positive business outcomes will be a key aspect to success in this role. In addition, the following competencies are highly desirable:
• Trade qualification or relevant construction industry experience
• Post-trade qualification in construction related discipline or comparable industry experience desirable
• Strong communication and engagement skills with a range of audiences
• Ability to issue clear directions to contractors
• Ability to build positive and sustaining relationships
• Sound judgement including balancing competing issues
• Ability to identify and prevent key project risks
• Exposure to project systems including Controlled Documents and Projectwise experience is favorable
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms. Important The safety of BHP’s people and our candidates is our number one priority. Due to the unfolding circumstances of COVID-19 and the Government regulations in place to deal with the pandemic, your working location and/or roster as advertised in this advert may be temporarily subject to change whilst the government regulations are in place. This is to ensure the health safety of our workforce, and to implement effective social distancing measures. These changes if applicable will be discussed at screening and interview stage. #LIWA
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
About Aggreko plc: Around the world, people, businesses and countries are striving for a better future. A future that needs power and the right conditions to succeed.That’s why at Aggreko, we wor [...]
Position Profile : The Innovation and Development directorate of WACHS is taking a leadership role across the organisation to drive key innovations in the access to and delivery of health care across [...]
About the role Thiess is seeking Excavator Operators for permanent employment opportunities to work on an open-cut mining project. Our recruitment team will be commencing shortlisting and pr [...]
Electrical Supervisor | Eastern Ridge | FIFO from Perth or Newman residential 8 & 6 Region Australia Location Western Australia Work type Full Time Job category Operations D [...]