At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
At BHP, External Affairs is a global function spanning Legal, Corporate Affairs, Ethics & Compliance, Internal Audit and Group Governance. Together, these sub-functions are accountable for work that is integral to the current and future direction of our Company,
locally and globally.
The Strategy & Planning team works to establish, embed and continuously improve the long-term integrated strategy of the External Affairs function, as well as associated programs of work. Members of our team have a unique and unparalleled opportunity to work across all five of our External Affairs sub-functions, alongside teams drawn from a diverse range of skillsets and geographies. This position will be based in the BHP Brisbane office.
Reporting to the Head of Strategy & Planning, the Specialist Strategy & Planning Operations Australia will support our External Affairs regional teams across Minerals Australia.
In this role you will be:
- Supporting the execution of key activities in the integrated planning process for External Affairs, including regional input into the External Affairs strategy, 5 year plan, 2 year budget, Appraisal and routine performance reporting.
- Ensuring External Affairs regional teams across Minerals Australia effectively input into Corporate Alignment Planning (CAP) deliverables for the Assets.
- Helping deliver and embed the External Affairs strategy and programs of work at a regional level.
- Supporting External Affairs regional teams across Minerals Australia with their planning processes, ensuring alignment with broader External Affairs strategy and Asset plans.
- Supporting External Affairs regional teams across Minerals Australia with budgeting and ongoing cost management activities including cost performance analysis, forecasting and identification of opportunities for optimisation.
- Identifying and delivering opportunities to continuously improve the culture, capability, effectiveness and efficiency of External Affairs regional teams.
- Coaching and upskilling External Affairs regional teams in new ways of working (e.g. Agile).
- Helping drive integration within and between regional External Affairs teams.
You will be a highly motivated self-starter with excellent stakeholder engagement skills and an ability to work with ambiguity and complex issues.
You will have strong commercial acumen and data analysis capability, with an ability to support the execution of financial and non-financial planning activities, as well as provide quality analysis (both quantitative and qualitative).
Strong understanding and experience applying and/or coaching new ways of working (e.g. Agile) and continuous improvement methodology will be highly advantageous. In addition, working knowledge of planning, project management and change management disciplines, as well as demonstrated success operating in multidisciplinary global teams will be viewed favourably.
You are most likely a business professional working in a global organisation, a large matrix structure or a management consulting firm.
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms. Important The safety of BHP’s people and our candidates is our number one priority. Due to the unfolding circumstances of COVID-19 and the Government regulations in place to deal with the pandemic, your working location and/or roster as advertised in this advert may be temporarily subject to change whilst the government regulations are in place. This is to ensure the health safety of our workforce, and to implement effective social distancing measures. These changes if applicable will be discussed at screening and interview stage.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Marketing and Communication Marketing and Communication (M&C;) is the central marketing and communication service at The University of Queensland. The team is responsible for the University’s cent [...]
Centre Training and Quality Leader Brisbane Specialist Centre Learning and Development role Full Time role 12 month contract City Fringe As one of Australia's largest water retail-distribut [...]
Job Summary Avantor is a leading global provider of integrated, tailored solutions for the life sciences and advanced technology industries. We are currently looking for a Sales Application & Solutio [...]
Marketing and Communication Marketing and Communication (M&C;) is the central marketing and communication service at The University of Queensland. The team is responsible for the University’s centr [...]