TheCovid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose,to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY hasbeen transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remoteworking has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connectedwith each other and our clients.
Abetter working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building itevery day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgroundsto help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age:people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
We are looking forManagers within our Accounting,
Compliance & Reporting team in our Melbourneand Sydney office.
As a member of the team you will supportour clients with their accounting and statutory reporting obligations. You willhave the opportunity to work with national and multinational clients enablingyou to strengthen your practical accounting experience, enhance your projectmanagement skills as well as build strong relationships with both internal andexternal stakeholders.
Your key responsibilities
- As a Financial Reporting specialist, you will lead and support our clients with their outsourced accounting and statutory reporting obligations.
- Support clients through their financial statement close process and preparation of financial statements.
- Lead the operational aspect of the team, including strategy, talent development and developing client relationships.
- Lead the team to work with national and multinational clients, to deliver quality services and grow the business through key strategic initiatives including operational excellence, market expansion, talent development, client leadership and business transformation.
Skills and attributes for success
- Previous extensive experience in preparing/reviewing statutory financial reports is essential as well as the ability to convert this experience to providing value and insight into the financial statements preparation process
- Experience working in Audit, preferably as a Manager in a Big 4 chartered environment
- Completed CA qualifications
- Personnel and people management, including supervision and team building of both our offshore & onshore team members
- Ability to work effectively either as an individual or member of a team and relate effectively with staff on all levels
- Experience in building a portfolio of clients at both a National and Multinational capacity
- Strong commercial acumen
- Proactive and able to identify and resolve problems
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience working in a commercial role as Finance Manager
- Working knowledge of financial statement preparation software (such as Caseware, Thomson Reuters Onesource Accounts Production)
- Working knowledge of accounting software (such as SAP, MS Dynamic NAV, SAGE, NetSuite, Xero or MYOB)
- Any industry experience/specialisation will be looked at favourably
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded foryour performance. In addition, our comprehensive Total Rewards package can be tailored to your individual needs,to give you the freedom to manage your role in a way that’s right for you. Thisincludes;
- a variety of flexibleworking and leave arrangements
- personalised careerdevelopment including coachingand support to help you build your career and access to formal learning so youcan develop the skills you’ll need to thrive in the future
- a range of tools andbenefits to guide and support your health and wellbeing throughout your entireEY career
At EY, we hold a collective commitment to foster anenvironment where all differences are valued and respected, practices areequitable and everyone experiences a sense of belonging. Through our inclusiveleadership behaviours, a variety of internal networks, flexible working andmentoring programs, you will have the support and flexibility to build anexceptional career. Read more about Diversity andInclusiveness at EY.
We understand the importance of socialdistancing at this time so our recruitment and onboarding process will bemanaged virtually so we can continue to prioritise the safety and wellbeing ofEY people, clients, guests and the broader public.
Theexceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
Thepreferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by theirexternal third party provider.
©2020 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved underProfessional Standards Legislation.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
MLC Life Insurance. We have been protecting Australians for over 130 years. We respect the role we play in providing peace of mind for our customers, and we never lose sight of it. Our Purpose ML [...]
Large Global Agency A culture that's passionate, vibrant and bloody good fun. Ongoing education for all creates growth at every level! All Melbourne > Melbourne Worktype Full Time Salar [...]
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES - Perform daily and periodic stock & cash reconciliation functions both within systemic solution as well as manual reconciliation tracking. Analyse and address exceptions trend [...]
Job no: 495164 Employment type: Full Time Location: Melbourne Categories: Administration/Customer Service, Human Resources, Disability About the Organisation Life Without Barriers is a lead [...]