Mildura Senior College is an educational landmark located in the heart of Mildura. With a student population in 2020 of 925 enrolled students with the addition of Year 10 VCE & VET external enrolments from surrounding schools. The College is one of a small number of stand-alone Senior Colleges in the state catering exclusively for Year 11 and 12 students undertaking the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) or Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL). Mildura Senior College provides access to an unparalleled level of choice in the study areas of the VCE, VCAL, Vocational Education and Training (VET) and University Enhancement studies.
The College has a clear commitment to the Managed Individual Pathways Program providing timetabled classes and Pathways Teachers advocate for all students. This unique learning environment is highly valued by the school community, which sees it as essential to students developing skills crucial to future success.
The College boasts outstanding facilities, which include the Deakin Trade Training Centre, VCAL Hub, Arts Precinct, Fitness Learning Facilities and numerous undercover student recreational areas. The grounds boast three sporting ovals utilised by College students, neighbouring schools and community sporting groups.
The College is committed to providing suitable senior pathways for all senior students. We work in partnership with our neighbouring 7-10 colleges: Chaffey Secondary College, Irymple Secondary College, Merbein P-10 College, Trinity Lutheran College and Henderson College. There is close cooperation with these colleges in the areas of Instrumental Music, EAL provision, sport, professional development programs, student transition and orientation. Each year approximately 30% of enrolments come from outside these neighbourhood colleges and include public, catholic and independent schools.
The College provides a young adult learning environment and a learning philosophy built upon partnerships and strong relationships between teachers and students. Mildura Senior College provides clear pathways to further study and the workplace. Our mission is to deliver excellence in education and training opportunities for all students. Students are supported by full time careers and VETis advisors, school to work coordinator, an extensive wellbeing team, student sub-school leaders and a team of staff experienced in the successful delivery of senior studies. Mildura Senior College currently has 112 members of staff including 73 teaching staff.
Mildura Senior College is an inclusive environment that has a diverse student co-hort including Koori, Pacifica and EAL students and celebrates this diversity. The Clontarf Academy is one example of a program at Mildura Senior College, targeted at reducing educational disadvantage for students.
The College is committed to Respectful Relationships and being a Safe School. The College values of Respect , Responsibility, Resilience, Independence and Success reflect the culture and behaviours the College aims to develop in students, to enable them to become outstanding young people as they transition on their pathways to the future.
SC1 Educational Leadership
- Outstanding capacity for visionary and exemplary educational leadership of a school or college.
- Highly developed skills in leading and managing change including the leadership of others in the process of change.
SC2 Financial, managerial and administrative ability
- Outstanding financial organisational and resource management skills.
SC3 Planning, policy and program development and review
- Exemplary values appropriate to the development of student learning with a demonstrated capacity to achieve high quality student outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to implement Department policies to a high level.
- An understanding of, and a commitment to, the use of learning technologies to improve teaching and learning.
SC 4 Leadership of staff and students
- A highly developed capacity to motivate staff, develop their talents and build an effective team.
- A clear capacity to foster a learning environment that takes account of the individual needs of students and help students to develop their special abilities and talents.
SC 5 Interpersonal and communication
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills in individual small group and community contexts.
- Exemplary values pertaining to personal qualities of objectivity, sensitivity and integrity.
- An ability to work with parents and the community to develop a strong learning environment.
The assistant principal reports directly to the principal.
Assistant principals have a primary responsibility for the management of significant areas or functions within the school to ensure the effective development, provision and evaluation of the school's education program. In exercising the responsibility, assistant principals will have the authority to make all significant decisions relating to the program, budget and staff relating to their area of designated responsibility within the framework of the school's strategic plan, policies and budget. Assistant principals will contribute to the overall management of the school through involvement in policy formulation and decision making.
The management of significant school program or functional areas in schools involve assistant principals in the analysis of the needs of students and the translation of state educational policy and frameworks into appropriate education programs to meet the needs of all students.
Typically assistant principals will be responsible for the effective use of the teaching staff and program budget of a defined area of the school's operation and for the oversight and leadership of the educational programs provided utilising these resources.
Mildura Senior College is seeking a dynamic school leader to join the College's Principal and Leadership Teams at this exciting time of growth and change. Applicants aspiring to this position will need to have a proven record of educational, human, symbolic, cultural and technical leadership including the capacity to inspire others and lead them in change. They will need to be able to build, support and lead teams to create a learning environment of respect and achievement that creates opportunities for students to become active learners and confident participants in society.
Working with all members of the school community (staff, students, parents, College Council and community members), the Assistant Principal will work to create systems that support the Vision and Values and educational goals of the school and translate them into programs, practices and partnerships.
While the College’s leadership roles and responsibilities are shared with other members of the Principal and Leadership Teams, there will be core responsibilities for the Assistant Principal that will include a range of the following responsibilities:
Common responsibilities of the Assistant Principal roles include:
- Provide leadership to the College in the ongoing implementation and commitment of Mildura Senior College’s Strategic Plan and Annual Implementation Plan, School Vision, Values and Codes of Practice.
- Assist the Principal in the leadership and management of the educational, administrative and financial operations of the school and be prepared, in the Principal’s absence, to assume the Principal’s role and responsibilities.
- Ensuring a consistent and coordinated approach for the implementation of the Department of Education and Training (DET) policies, processes and initiatives and School Council policies and programs.
- Facilitate an effective, safe and harassment free environment for students and staff.
- Role modelling a commitment to professional growth and lifelong learning.
- Provide leadership, advice, support, counselling and supervision in the assessment of student needs, the development, implementation and evaluation of the school programs and assist in professional development activities for members of the school staff community.
- Encourage community involvement in school activities, networks and organisations which focus on education and the active participation of parents, teachers and students in appropriate decision making forums.
Providing an environment that supports the effective performance of staff and optimises student learning within the school.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Location Profile Ranfurly Primary School was founded in 1993, and is located in a developing residential area of Mildura. The school has a current population of approximately four hundred students; [...]
Location Profile Robinvale College began in 2016 through the closure of Robinvale P-12 College and re-opening as the new entity in January, 2016. Robinvale P-12 College was formed in 2010 through th [...]
Reference: 1196571 Location Profile Robinvale College began in 2016 through the closure of Robinvale P-12 College and re-opening as the new entity in January, 2016. Robinvale P-12 College was [...]
Location Profile Mildura English Language Centre (MELC) is a campus of the Mildura Senior College. MELC provides a full time intensive English language program for newly arrived migrant, refugee and [...]