Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess patients’ teeth, bone, and periodontal tissues indicating the presence of any abnormalities or suspected diseases or conditions.
- Creates periodontal treatment plans based on dentist’s diagnosis.
- Bring to the immediate attention of the dentist any suspected lesion in the mouth or on the teeth.
- Thoroughly remove soft and hard deposits and extrinsic stain from teeth, using hand instruments, ultrasonic cavitron inserts and prophy handpieces.
- Instruct patients how to practice good oral hygiene; make recommendations as to appropriate products or devices for patients’ home care; and provide other health care education, as necessary.
- Perform prophylaxis in the absence of periodontal disease or gingivitis.
- Perform full mouth debridement, either as a first stage gingivitis therapy or to remove interfering calculus to further enable a more accurate diagnosis and treatment plan.
- Perform root planning as a periodontal therapy.
- Place locally-administered antibiotics as supportive periodontal therapy.
- Implement irrigation and desensitizing procedures or products as adjunctive to periodontal therapy.
- Expose, develop and mount dental x-rays (intraoral and extraoral).
- Perform In-Office Whitening procedures, including applying gingival isolation, subsequent bleaching gel, and curing gel. Note: The hygienist is unable to apply the first application of bleaching gel. The dentist must perform this.
- Apply cavity-preventive agents, such as fluorides and pit and fissure sealants.
- Make recommendations as to patients’ recare interval and follow-up needs.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned and allowed under applicable state laws and regulations.
- Dental hygienists must be licensed and in good standing with the State of Florida.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in dental hygiene.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certificate.
- Dental hygienists must be willing to partner with the dentist, work well as part of the total dental team and should have good eye sight and manual dexterity, because they use dental instruments within a patient’s mouth, with little room
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Position Overview: The HR Specialist is responsible for all aspects of employment and team management across NAPA Australia. This includes the development of HR related policies and procedures, overs [...]
- Government Department - Contract till end of December + Possible extensions - WFH - Melbourne CBD Location This client is looking for a Project Coordinator that can assist with running multipl [...]
$89,674 plus 9.5% Superannuation Temporary to 31 October 2021 ( possiblility of extension) We are the City of Melbourne, a place to be bold and inspirational. We are rapidly transforming t [...]
An exciting Activation Executive opportunity exists to work for Australia's leading Digital Partner Agency. We are Resolution. We are a part of Global Marketing Company Omnicom Media Group (OMG). We [...]