Help us improve the health system through software for doctors, nurses and patients to interact and manage their care. More than half of Australia's GPs use us to deliver a better experience for millions of patients. We're now going further by developing products to improve patient outcomes and help everyone in Australia better manage their health.
As a Backend Engineer you will work to create products you can be proud of, and that our users love. You will work mostly with Rails, and will be encouraged to get involved in some Elixir, frontend JS, and infrastructure as well if you're interested.
This role is open to candidates in Melbourne,
or remote from Perth to New Zealand as long as you have a good internet connection and are willing to be flown to Melbourne approximately four times per year for two weeks at a time (pandemic permitting).
We Value People Who
- Are empathetic and care about doing right by others
- Take ownership of problems and their solutions
- Are prepared to speak up and question the status quo
- Are continuously learning and curious
- Like to be involved in product planning and influence what gets built by understanding the user’s problems and opportunities
- Have an interest in healthcare, or a personal link to the healthcare industry.
- Implement and release products and features with Ruby on Rails
- Write and maintain automated test coverage
- Conduct peer code reviews
- Collaborate with peers on software design, planning and specification
- Attend occasional customer visits, and contribute to product development discussions with your own ideas.
- 2+ years of Ruby on Rails experience
- Enthusiasm for automated test coverage as a way to maintain code quality and velocity
- Motivated to be involved in planning and specifying the work you go on to implement and iterate on
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Influence over how and why things are done
- Any learning resources (books etc) paid for
- Domestic conference attendance paid for
- Though not in use currently due to COVID-19, our office has a spacious terrace overlooking the Yarra, plus a fine selection of beverages on tap, fresh fruit, and snacks
- A generous health plan in which you're encouraged to make use of provided services: nutritionist, exercise physiologist, health coaching, psychologist, and subsidised gym.
Who should apply, and how?
We celebrate diversity, and welcome applications of all types, and from all backgrounds. If you think you have the skills required, please submit a short cover letter and an up to date CV.
In your cover letter, please mention: what interests you about HotDoc, what you most enjoy about software development, and your opinion on three of the most important things in an effective engineering culture.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Synpulse is an internationally established management consulting company with branches in Australia, Asia Pacific, Europe and United States. We are a valued partner to many of the world's largest inte [...]
- Gain confidence while working with children in a supported environment - Flexible to suit those studying an education related qualification - Engage in fun and educational activities in before/a [...]
Be a part of a rapidly growing manufacturing company - Temporary 6-month contract position commencing immediately. The Company A great opportunity has become available for a Customer Service Of [...]
- RELOCATION ROLE - MULTI OUTLET VENUE - CAREER DEFINING ROLE Boasting a stunning refurbishment that includes an outstanding bistro space, multiple function areas, alfresco dinning, multiple bars [...]