Act for Kids is a prominent provider of free prevention, professional therapy and support services for children who have suffered abuse and support for families at risk. With over 25 centres nationally, we have supported thousands of children and their families for more than 30 years. In 2019 - 2020 we provided services to 44,894 people, including over 29,000 children.
Our unique multidisciplinary teams provide integrated therapy, sexual abuse counselling, safe houses in remote Indigenous communities, information, advice and referral services, intensive family support and early learning centres designed for children with additional development needs to ensure we set them up for success at school.
About the job...
We are looking for an Allied Health Practitioner to join our caring and dedicated Intensive Family Support team. The role, based on the James Cook University campus in Townsville and is part-time 0.6FTE . This is a fixed term position until 31 December 2021 and extension of employment contract beyond December 2021 is subject to the continued successful government funding of the program. Position overview:
- Act as the lead case manager in delivering the IFS case management service to a small caseload of complex families.
- Support the learning and development of practitioners within the IFS program, through mentoring and coaching activities.
- Identify and work toward client goals, and achieve successful case outcomes for clients.
- Attend stakeholder meetings for the benefit of clients and develop case plans.
- Maintain up-to-date output and outcomes data for all clients.
- Build and maintain partnerships with local community and government agencies.
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant allied health discipline such as psychology, speech and language pathology, occupational therapy, or social work.
- National registration as applicable to the profession is essential and membership of a relevant professional body eg. Australian Psychological Society is desirable.
- At least five years’ experience working with children and families, preferably with time spent working with a trauma-informed framework.
- Experience providing individual and/or group therapy to children, young people and their families.
- Clinical and therapeutic understanding of the impacts of trauma on child and family functioning and knowledge of current trauma treatment trends.
Over 30% of our employees identifying as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.
About the pay...
- Position is classified Level 6.1 – 6.3 under the SCHCADS award;
- Salary range is $87,577 - $91,439 plus 9.5% superannuation (pro-rata for part-time);
- In addition, as a registered Not for Profit/Charity, we offer excellent salary packaging options through RemServ which can significantly increase your take home pay.
About the benefits...
- Overall winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 (100-499 employees)
- Winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 in (1) Health & Wellbeing (2) Leadership (3) Work-Life Balance
- Strong values based organisation
- Excellent professional development options (including annual professional development fund opportunities)
- Employee Assistance Program including Health & Well-being Portal
- Excellent family friendly and flexible work environment.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Are you passionate about outcomes for children and young people across Queensland? We're committed to providing life-changing healthcare for children and young people for a healthier tomorrow. A [...]
Print Allied Health Practitioner Queensland Health (Organisation site ( http://www.health.qld.gov.au/ )) Evolve Therapeutic Services North, Enoggera Children's Health Queensland Hospital and H [...]
We are: We are people working together, making possibilities a reality for people with a disability. We call ourselves #teampossible ! Endeavour Foundation supports people with disability to live, [...]
Job Description - Current Doctors are seeing over 30+ patients per day - Fully equipped medical centre with a variety of services provided - 70% of billings or $150h (3 months) General Practitioner ( [...]