LexisNexis Risk Solutions
Explore our passion for discovery
Global companies and governmental entities rely on us to solve their most complex data challenges. Our employees collaborate to reduce risks and create opportunities for customers in more than 100 countries. We’re adaptable, curious and ambitious. That’s why here, you’ll have the freedom to drive change, the trust to find your own path, and the space to explore more
Senior System Engineer
LexisNexis Risk Solutions is seeking for an experienced System Engineer with proven industry experience to join our Site Operations team.
Our teams are collaborative and forward thinking; the successful candidate will help shape the operations and support for critical Linux based applications, customers and projects, working closely with Development, QA, IT Operations and Customer Support teams.
You will be required to communicate and solve problems effectively, whilst handling a fast-paced working environment. This will be combined with a transition to DevOps practises, agile support and deployment processes.
You will be a key member of our team working with a diverse range of technologies. You will enjoy working in a friendly environment and benefit from our investment in staff. The role requires the On-Call rotation for off peak hours to maintain 24/7, 365 system availability.
- DevOps concepts such as "Infrastructure as Code" using orchestration tools such as Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Terraform, etc.
- Knowledge of Agile software methodologies and project management using Scrum framework.
- 3+ years’ system administration of Linux (e.g. – CentOS, RedHat, Ubuntu).
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting Linux, Apache, Tomcat, Python, and/or networking issues.
- Experience working with SQL databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL) and NoSQL databases (Cassandra, Couchbase).
- System and application monitoring experience – e.g. Nagios/Icinga, InfluxDB/Prometheus, Ganglia, Grafana, etc.
- Good at writing scripts in Bash, Python and/or ruby.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Clear focus on the customers, both internal and external.
- Passionate collaborator with a focus on what is best for the team (both immediate and the wider group).
- Strong and enthusiastic technologist, able to demonstrate a broad technical knowledge.
Desirable Skills and Attributes
- Continuous Integration / Source Control, such as GitLab, Bitbucket, Jenkins.
- Experience of containerized environment, using tools such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Log Management – Elastic Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana).
- Knowledge and experience of working with virtualization environment, e.g. – KVM, Zen, VMWare, OpenStack, etc.
- Knowledge of change control and associated procedures.
- Good knowledge of enterprise level networking and concepts (TCP/UDP, IP, VPN, VIP, Firewalls, etc.)
- Professional experience of working within the public cloud environment such as AWS, GCP, and/or Azure.
- BS Engineering/Computer Science/MIS or relevant experience.
- Proven background working in a technical, Operations, and/or IT related position.
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
LexisNexis Risk Solutions Explore our passion for discovery Global companies and governmental entities rely on us to solve their most complex data challenges. Our employees collaborate to reduce risks [...]
About the Team The ThreatMetrix engineering team is an international team that includes experts in device identification, device intelligence, fraud detection, real time systems, Software as a Service [...]
Job Description As part of the Android engineering team at Cash, you’ll develop new customer-facing features and enhance our existing products to scale. We’re developing industry-leading desig [...]
Job Information Job Category Technical Work Schedule 10:00am - 2:00pm Australian Eastern Standard Time Hours Per Day Full Time - 8 hours per day Industry Transport Industry Client Location Australia [...]