Location: Sydney, Australia
Thales people provide armed forces customers with operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defence mission systems solutions at land, sea, and air. Our platforms extend across the battlespace including Above and Sonar, Electronic Combat, and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance systems.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create.
Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds. Talk to us about any support or accessibility requirements you may need and how we support flexibility in the workplace.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage a flexible work culture.
About the role
Under the functional guidance of the Mechanical Engineering Manager, perform professional work in the Mechanical Engineering discipline as required. Develop the skills and experience to satisfy the requirements for becoming a Design Authority Signatory (“Designer”) for Mechanical Engineering tasks.
- Perform design tasks and analyses appropriate to individual experience and specialised knowledge in Mechanical Engineering.
- Plan operations and or processes required to complete allocated design tasks, including estimation of requirements of staffing, material costs and quantities.
- Comply with and ensure compliance of all relevant Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental legislative requirements, policies, procedures and framework with the intent of preventing or minimising accidental exposures to self, colleagues, visitors and/or the environment.
- Appropriate tertiary level qualifications in Mechanical Engineering with at least 8 years relevant experience on major Defence projects.
- Strong communication and influencing skills, including the ability to develop an effective network with key individuals
- Experience in the use or management of CAD (Computer Aided Drafting) is essential and 3D
- Modelling software packages highly desirable.
- Experience with the use of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access and MS Project highly desirable.
Good to Know
You’ll receive an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance.To learn more about clearances please visit – http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Prior to offer you’ll complete a pre-employment police and medical.
For more information on Thales visit us @ThalesCareers on Instagram
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Engineering, Civil/Structural Engineering. Engineering, Civil/Structural Engineering Try the SEEK app to find your dream job faster.. Our client is a well-known international Iron Ore mining produce [...]
The Operations team partners closely with ResMed’s five business leaders to understand their needs then providing a variety of products and services to help them meet those needs including Customer [...]
Job description ABOUT THE COMPANY. This company is a national, multidisciplinary engineering consultancy who are specialists across diverse sectors including government, defence, healthcare, co [...]
About Our Client Our client is a highly reputable and successful leader in the pharmaceutical industry seeing rapid growth across its operations has resulted in global expansion. With a collaborative [...]