Location: Melbourne, Australia
Thales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Airspace Mobility Solutions, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore,
the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds. Talk to us about any support or accessibility requirements you may need and how we support flexibility in the workplace.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage a flexible work culture.
About Your Role
Thales Australia’s Airspace Mobility Solutions (AMS)Air Traffic Management (ATM) domain provides leading edge airspace control and security solutions for the commercial and Defence sectors. Technologies supplied by the AMS global centre of excellence, based in Melbourne, are currently deployed in Australia and across Asia and the Pacific region. A great opportunity now exists for a DevOps Integration Manager to lead a Software team of 12 to integrate and deliver a new ATM system to be deployed in the Australian sky.
- Manage and coordinate the Software Integration Team
- Liaise with the System Engineering Manager of the Project for all aspects relating to the work package
- Ensure integration support to functional Increments, aligned with the Project Software Development Plan
- Oversee the Work Package Manager’s to ensure that they define and agree the baseline of the Work Package including scope, deliverables, Work Breakdown Structure, Organisation Breakdown Structure, estimates, schedule, workload and technical KPIs.
- Establish and maintain a dashboard covering all the engineering deliverables
- Communicate, analyse, plan and report as necessary to align team capability and project expectations.
How About You?
- Engineering or Computer Science Degree or equivalent
- Scrum Master experience within an agile development stream
- Demonstrated ability to achieve effective outcomes in a multidiscipline & multi-cultural environment
- Extensive experience in performing systems integration of real time and distributed software-based systems in Air Traffic, Rail, Marine, Aviation or related industries.
- Software development knowledge (E.g. Python, shell scripts, Java, C++) and use of configuration and data management tools (E.g. Jenkins, GIT, JIRA, SVN).
- UNIX/Linux operating systems knowledge.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Good to Know
You’ll get an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
Prior to offer you’ll complete a pre-employment police and medical.
For more information on Thales visit us @ThalesCareers on Instagram
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Deputy General Manager For over 40 years HCL has been providing value to their customer’s businesses through application development, maintenance and business transformation services. HCL’s colla [...]
Metricon Homes, a leading multi award winning new home builder is committed to recruiting outstanding individuals who share our passion for delivering quality, service and award winning living solutio [...]
Our purpose Here at Datacom we connect people and technology in order to solve challenges, create opportunities and discover new possibilities for the communities we live in. Our team The Cloud Pl [...]
The Engineering Manager – Cloud Infrastructure will ensure CBUS provides exceptional customer experience across digital and guided channels through our cloud infrastructure technology (Both AWS & Az [...]