- Salary Package: from $95,986 to $103,939 (HEW Level 7) p.a., plus 13.5% employer’s superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment Type:Full time, Fixed term for 12 months
- Macquarie University (North Ryde) location
Reporting to the Senior Education Program Officer, the Project Officer will play an important role in supporting the Faculty of Medicine, Health and Human Sciences in the development and implementation of specific projects including process development and integration, process improvement initiatives, consistency and planning associated with these initiatives across the Educational Services portfolio (student administration, curriculum management, accreditation,
quality assurance and course review).
Key accountabilities of the role are to:
- Under direction, manage the development and implementation of specific education projects for the Faculty.
- Scope and undertake benchmarking, research, data gathering and analysis as relevant to each project.
- Define and drive the key deliverables, milestones and timeframes for assigned Faculty projects.
- Develop and implement project deliverables, including the creation of resources, tools which support implementation and associated process improvement initiatives.
- Consult with internal and external stakeholders to gather information and make recommendations to inform decision making.
You will be a motivated and driven individual with a commitment to delivering high level project management support and expertise. You will be familiar with the higher education sector and an in-depth knowledge of educational courses and student administration. You will have an eye for process improvement, integration and simplification, and be comfortable working within complexity. If you are proactive in nature, resilient in your approach, and looking for an opportunity to work in a unique and rewarding environment this is a role you will thrive in.
The Faculty of Medicine, Health and Human Sciences has active research programs in biomedical, translational and health services domains, with current areas of strength including neurosciences (especially motor neuron disease, neurological rehabilitation, and the clinical neuroscience of pain), cancer medicine, and vascular science, amongst others. The Faculty hosts the Australian Institute of Health Innovation, an internationally acclaimed powerhouse researching health systems, e-health, and patient safety. In learning and teaching, the Faculty offers a unique suite of capability-based medical educational programs aimed a post-graduation subspecialty medical education and training, and a unique three-year extended masters-level, professional-entry Doctor of Physiotherapy degree.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
For your reference the position description can be viewed here: Project Officer_Edu Services_PD_Sep 2020.pdf
To be considered for this position, please apply online with your CV and cover letter (1-2 pages) addressing the selection criteria below:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in education, health or business/management, or extensive relevant experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the higher education sector.
- Demonstrated experience leading and implementing projects through to completion, preferably within the higher education sector.
- Developing educational initiatives and related policies and procedures.
- Analytical and research skills with the ability to synthesise information into reports and executive briefing papers.
- Building and maintaining influential relationships with academic staff, clinicians, medical educators and/or external regulators.
Given current Australian Government COVID-19 border restrictions applications for this position are only being accepted from Australian citizens or permanent residents or people currently residing in Australia with full working rights.
Enquiries: Kerri MacKenzie, Senior Education Program Manager, [email protected]
General Enquiries: Rohana Nagarajah, HR Administrator on [email protected]
Applications Close: Monday 5 October, 2020 at 11:55pm
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
We are looking for a roofing labourer to join our business which specialises in both commercial and domestic PV solar installations. To be a successful member of our team you will need to be able to [...]
Job no: 500337 Work type: Permanent Part-Time Location: Multiple locations, Upper North Shore Categories: Carer - Home Care (Community) • Are you passionate and committed to making a [...]
Role : School Crossing Supervisor - Casual Help protect our vibrant school communities The role The role of School Crossing Supervisor is held in very high esteem in our communities. In taking on [...]
Professional Services Consultant (Boomi Flow) Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspi [...]