MessageMedia provides innovative mobile messaging solutions that help businesses of all sizes – from SMBs to enterprise-level to better connect with customers. With 90 percent of messages read within 90 seconds, MessageMedia drives business success by creating engaging mobile experiences that customers love.
Our messaging solutions for alerts and notifications, billing and payments, appointment reminders, marketing, and staff scheduling are trusted by over 50,000 customers in industries such as healthcare, education, retail, and utilities. With offices across Australia, United States, United Kingdom, and New Zealand, MessageMedia is the number one choice for easy and engaging business messaging.
MessageMedia are recruiting for a Senior Commercial Manager to join their team. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, this role is responsible for improving our business and customer insights as well as providing leadership in streamlining processes, business practices and decision making associated with the commercial operations of MessageMedia.
The Senior Commercial Manager will work across the business with sales, marketing, finance, legal and product and take ownership of overseeing and building capability in the areas of:
- Pricing strategy / implementation
- Analysis and recommendation of commercial opportunities
- Market /customer insights (segmentation, opportunity sizing and insights)
- Commercial / contractual engagement with customers
- Supplier engagement (excluding lease arrangements)
- Developing frameworks and owning commercial reporting
Other key responsibilities of the Senior Commercial Manager will include:
- Helping to design and implement the systems architecture to improve the quality and usefulness of our customer data to facilitate improved customer intervention, targeting and commercial outcomes
- Supporting sales, product, and marketing to conduct analysis of commercial opportunities
- Providing analysis and escalation for operational day to day issues associated with pricing, supplier, and customer contract engagement
- Preparing models to assess the viability of identified opportunities, own customer segmentation and insights, as well as lead pricing strategy and operations for Message Media
- Supporting the business to select, review and negotiate contracts as needed
- The responsibility of managing two direct reports
To be successful in this role, you will need to have at least 5 years' experience in a Commercial Manager position with strong experience in negotiating commercial agreements. Additionally, the successful candidate will need to have extensive experience in pricing strategy and data analysis. You will be a seasoned people manager with exceptional stakeholder management skills. A software/tech industry background is ideal but not a must for this role.
MessageMedia offers coaching and career development support, a day off for your birthday, flexible working arrangements and much more.
Our MessageMedia behaviours of Use Judgement, Think Customer, Show Leadership and Be Hungry are what have made us successful. We're shaping up to become a global force in business messaging, so people who feel a connection to these behaviours and like the pace of a fast-growing company will easily fit into our team.
If you're looking for your next opportunity and would like to work for a growing tech company then apply now!
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Looking for an opportunity to spread your wings and work across Australia’s best known Dairy Yogurt and Juice brands. This is rare opportunity to work on more than one category across a high-profile [...]
Senior Product Manager + **Join an incredibly high performing, dynamic and tight knit team** + **Deliver innovative products to the real estate industry on realestate.com.au website and mobile apps** [...]
As GHD’s advocate for Key Clients, Relationship Managers (RMs) are at the heart of delivering our client strategy. This newly created opportunity will see you acting as the client's voice influencin [...]
- Be the face of REA Group in terms of data - Lead the industry data partnerships for Hometrack and REA Group - Position located in Sydney CBD The safety and wellbeing of our employees and potential [...]