Fathom is transforming the way people create beautiful performance reports and access timely business insights. We've helped thousands of advisers and business owners around the world to make better business decisions. We're a small company with a global footprint and the feel of a scale-up.
Yes - we're looking for a ‘.NET Developer', but really we want to find someone who is passionate about building and scaling the backbone of a modern cloud application and who wants to work with a team dedicated to doing it the right way.
We're working on complex scaling, quality and performance issues and utilising a range of interesting technology and approaches (eg. queues, caching, logging, authorisation, identity,
functions as a service (FaaS), platform as a service (PaaS)) to help bring our vision to fruition.
Of course, in addition to working on the platform, there are also customer facing features to implement and maintain. Our work here includes rendering visualisations, integrations with other systems, coding accounting concepts, and general number-crunching.
Our current team is dedicated to promoting clean architecture, developing using SOLID principles, implementing TDD where appropriate and utilising pair programming. Quality and long-term sustainability are our guiding principles.
This is a talented group of designers, engineers, business analysts and product specialists who love to collaborate, including people who are recognised as leading practitioners in their respective crafts. This is an opportunity to join them and contribute to the quality, value and architecture of a modern web application in a period of rapid growth.
We'd love you to be that person and help us build on this foundation.
What you'll be doing:
Your work will vary from week-to-week, but could include, as an example:
- Implementing an exception logging framework for use across all our sites
- Participating in QA through peer code reviews
- Fixing a bug discovered by a customer
- Collaborating with design and front-end teams on a new reporting component
- Integrating with other applications through their APIs
- Practising TDD and ensuring we have appropriate coverage
- Improving the performance of an SQL query
What we're looking for:
- 2-3+ years experience as a software developer
- A practical understanding of test-driven development methodologies, SOLID principles and clean architecture.
- Experience with Azure is helpful but not required (Azure functions, logic apps, Redis, CosmosDB, Service Bus etc.)
- A degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related disciplines is helpful but not required.
- Australian/NZ citizen or a permanent resident (visa sponsorship is not offered for this role)
What you're all about:
- You'll demonstrate excellent attention to detail
- You have a commitment to efficiency
- You have an ability to write with clarity and conciseness
- You're a self-learner with a passion for staying up-to-date on emerging trends
- You'll be a fan of CI/CD
This is an opportunity to work with a fun and talented team in a supportive environment. There are plenty of lunch options and we enjoy taking lunch together most days. There will often be a game of basketball, frisbee or grid-iron passing taking place.
You will have access to:
- Some of the best designers, engineers & human beings in Brisbane, collaborating together in a modern, light-filled office.
- A competitive salary with opportunities to progress in a growing team
- Great back support with a Herman Miller Aeron Chair
- The latest tech — we want you to be productive
- Unlimited espresso coffee, fresh fruit
- A convenient walk to daycare, schools, park, gym, shopping centre, medical centre
- Free parking and an easy commute against the traffic
$70k to $100k plus super and based on experience.
Founded in 2010, Fathom is a web-based (SaaS) reporting and analytics tool used by tens of thousands of businesses and their advisors around the world. We are a progressive tech company, and our app is one of the top rated reporting apps in both the Xero and Intuit ecosystems globally.
Fathom is based out of Brisbane, Australia with offices in Seattle, USA and in Cambridge, UK. This role is based on site at our offices in Albany Creek, on the northside of Brisbane.
Apply for this position:
To apply for this position, please send your résumé and cover letter.
If you have any supporting information such as a Github profile, Stack Overflow profile, code samples, and links to sites or open-source projects you worked on, please attach this as well.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Safety Advisor Job ID 992571 Job Type Permanent Full-time Location Aus - Brisbane Categories Safety / Health / Environment / Quality, CPB Contractors Share Applications close 09 Oct 2020 E [...]
- Leading Top-Tier Employment Team in the Market | Senior Associate Level - Competitive remuneration package | excellent employee benefits - Contact Ena and Trudy today on (07) 3221 1229 FIRM: [...]
- APS Level 6 (Administrative Services Officer Class 6), $80,665 - $91,713 per annum, plus an additional 15.4% superannuation - Ongoing/non-ongoing - specified task for 12 months - Enterprise Serv [...]
- Based in Newcastle - Full Time Permanent - Collaborative Team Environment The Company Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC) is a major national organisation responsible for managing infr [...]