Fathom is transforming the way people create beautiful performance reports and access timely business insights. We've helped thousands of advisers and business owners around the world to make better business decisions. We're a small company with a global footprint and the feel of a scale-up.
Fathom's Cloud Platform team manages the cloud infrastructure that powers our product. We have a strong DevOps culture with a focus on bringing together the right people, process and tools to enabled our team to deliver continuous value to our customers. We are seeking an experienced Cloud Platform Engineer/DevOps Engineer to strengthen our team of talented developers and engineers. You will be a key member of the Cloud Platform team,
with a diverse set of responsibilities including cloud infrastructure management, security and management of our CI/CD process.
The broader Fathom team includes developers, engineers and designers who are recognised as leading practitioners in their respective crafts. This is an opportunity to join them and influence the quality, value and architecture of a modern web application.
What you'll be doing:
Your work will vary from week-to-week, but could include:
- Improving our cloud monitoring strategy by broadening the performance and security data we collect and enhancing our alerting capability.
- Maintaining and improving our platform deployment process. This may include technologies such as PowerShell, ARM Templates, Terraform or similar.
- Assisting in maintenance of our CI/CD build process. This would include tweaking the build and deploy process as required as well as working with the broader development team to ensure good DevOps practices.
- Continually improve the cloud infrastructure required to support the product. This may include planning and design, detailed documentation, implementation and infrastructure automation.
- Working closely with developers to ensure we optimize the code we write with the platform it runs on.
- Managing operational security. Ie. Manage SSL certificates, vulnerability scanning, network security, operational logging & third-party penetration testing.
- Being a participant in daily standups and other aspects of our Agile planning process.
- Being a champion of DevOps within the team.
What we're looking for:
- Required: Deep technical knowledge of Microsoft Azure including IaaS and PaaS components.
- Required: Experience in C# and with the .NET framework/.NET Core.
- Working knowledge of Infrastructure as Code practices and tools.
- Experience with Windows Server and IIS.
- Experience with networking including DNS, VNet, VNet Peering and Site-to-Site VPN.
- Microsoft certifications such as ‘Azure Administrator Associate' or ‘Azure Solutions Architect Expert' highly regarded.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery tools
- Highly competent with scripting and automation. PowerShell experience highly desirable.
- A degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related disciplines is helpful but not required.
- Australian/NZ citizen or a permanent resident (visa sponsorship is not offered for this role)
What you're all about:
- You work well in a highly collaborative environment
- You're curious, with a desire to know not just that it works by why it works
- You're passionate about coming up with innovative approaches to solving problems
- You sweat the small stuff, and demonstrate excellent attention to detail
- You're a self-learner with a passion for staying up-to-date on emerging trends
You will have access to:
- Some of the best designers, engineers & human beings in Brisbane, collaborating together in a modern, light-filled office.
- A competitive salary with opportunities to progress in a growing team
- Great back support with a Herman Miller Aeron Chair
- The latest tech — we want you to be productive
- Unlimited espresso coffee, fresh fruit
- A convenient walk to daycare, schools, park, gym, shopping centre, medical centre
- Free parking and an easy commute against the traffic
Founded in 2010, Fathom is a web-based (SaaS) reporting and analytics tool used by thousands of businesses and their advisers around the world. We are a progressive tech company, and our app is one of the top rated reporting apps in both the Xero and Intuit ecosystems globally.
Fathom is based out of Brisbane, Australia with a satellite office in Seattle, USA. This role is based on site at our offices in Albany Creek, on the northside of Brisbane.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
About you... You bring hands-on experience with one or more of the primary Cloud providers - AWS, GCP, Azure.Your experience in Cloud spans from architectural understanding of the platforms offerings, [...]
Due to expansion in our Northern region, we are seeking an experienced DevOps/Cloudops Engineer to join our team in Brisbane. You will design, implement and drive adoption of Continuous Delivery and D [...]
- Join a global technology organisation pioneering innovation in the resource industry and committed to building capability and developing leadership in our people. - Be at the forefront of cloud-ba [...]
The details: - Immediate start | Brisbane CBD based - Initial contract to 14 March 2020 + 2 x 3 month extensions - Azure & AWS experience essential About the Role The Cloud Security Engineer will b [...]