Rheinmetall Defence Australia Pty Ltd
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US
Are you looking for a new challenge that puts you in charge of performing your duties? Then you will find the Rheinmetall Group to be an attractive employer. When you work for us, you have more than a job. With your skills and ideas, you have the opportunity to make an impact.
SOLUTIONS FOR A CHANGING WORLD
Megatrends such as urbanization, climate change, and the increasing level of risk around the world are making the desire for mobility and security ever stronger. With our cutting-edge technologies in the automotive and defence sectors, we ensure the mobility and security of modern society.
Join us. Let us work together to devise solutions that turn change into opportunity.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The multi-domain team you will be part of is based in Hamburg. This team has significant experience in a range of Australian Defence projects, with a number of large Australian Defence contractors. We are developing, integrating and verifying a new Generic Vehicle Architecture based C4ISR system on the LAND 400 Phase 2 Combat Reconnaissance Vehicle (CRV). Our working location will shortly include a Systems Integration Laboratory and Software Development Environment.
This position will be based in Germany on a full time basis until July 2022. From July 2022 the position will then relocate back to our Military Vehicles Centre of Excellence (MILVEHCOE) in Redbank, Brisbane (timelines may vary).
About the role
The Systems Engineering Team Lead is responsible for leading a small team of engineers and technical professionals to design, integrate, and verify hardware systems, subsystems, and components for the LAND 400 Phase 2 Combat Reconnaissance Vehicle (CRV).
Some of your day-to-day duties may include:
- Lead, mentor and support a small high performing team;
- Conceive of and recommend solutions in response to Requirements;
- Participate in formal and informal Design Reviews;
- Assist in the development of departmental capability;and
- Support development and verification of prototypes and to-be-delivered components and systems.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
- Hold Tertiary Qualifications in engineering (relevant discipline);
- Demonstrated experience within a systems engineering position;
- Must demonstrate leadership capabilities;
- Experience with a variety of software languages
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal communication, consultation and negotiation skills;
- Be eligible for an Australian Government Security Clearance and have the capacity to satisfy pre-employment screening; (Must hold Australian Citizenship to obtain an NV1 security clearance) and
- An ability to travel internationally and interstate when and if required.
At Rheinmetall, your strengths and experience are worth something. We also highly value diversity and equal opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
Opportunity to work in Germany
This role will initially be located in Hamburg, Germany for 2 years where you will be trained by our engineering leaders to help support the project. You will relocate back to Australia in July 2022. Our team will support and guide you through the transfer every step of the way including advice for living in Germany, detailed guides, tax support, removal services, booking your travel (i.e. flights) and a support service is provided to you for emergency and medical assistance whilst living in Germany. Our HR team in Germany will also be there to assist with your visa, engage a local relocation vendor to assist with the home search and orientation activities, facilitate German language training as well as arrange your temporary accommodation upon arrival in Germany.
What's on offer?
- Working in a great team and with exciting products
- Opportunity for career development and further training
- Strong links to our global Rheinmetall community
- Opportunity to work on major projects such as LAND 400
- Attractive Remuneration package with salary sacrificing & novated leases
- Flexibility in workplace settings offering opportunities to work in multiple locations
- Corporate discounts with gyms, private health funds and various car dealerships
- Employee Assistance Program to support our employees and their families overall wellbeing
WHO WE ARE
Rheinmetall Defence Australia (RDA) is a major Defence company with operations across Australia and New Zealand delivering specialist Defence capability to the Australian Defence Force and New Zealand Defence Force. RDA is a subsidiary of Rheinmetall Group, a global Defence and Automotive technology group based in Dusseldorf, Germany. RDA is a trusted partner to the ADF through its three divisions - Vehicle Systems, Electronics Solutions and Wepon and Ammunition. RDA is rapidly growing its Australian footprint to deliver system solutions and capabilty to the ADF in the areas of mobility, lethality, reconnaissance, protection and sustainment.
Rheinmetall recognises the strength that comes with employee diversity. We are commited to providing an inclusive work environment where each employee is treated fairly and respectfully. Diversity is critical to our ability to work sucessfully as a team regardless of borders, language or culture. Our workforce includes employees of varying gender, age, race and ethnicity, professional and cultural background.
Veterans are always encouraged to apply for roles at Rheinmetall where they can bring select skills and expertise to the delivery of products and services for our customer. Recognising these unique attributes, the Company has established a Veterans Employment Program that trains and supports veterans transitioning from the armed forces and seeking future employment in the commercial sector.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
- Permanent fulltime Opportunity - Global organisation - Day shift - Must have prior experience as a Maintenance Fitter and as a leader - Strong focus on people management, PM, SM and Lean process [...]
Manufacturing Operations Lead We are currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Operations Systems Lead to be based in West Brisbane. The role will be responsible for driving successful implementa [...]
Brisbane About Us Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. With a workforce of 130,000 Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners around. Airb [...]
About HCL For over 40 years HCL has been providing value to their customer's businesses through application development, maintenance, and business transformation services. HCL's collaborated global [...]