Job reference number:
General Manager, Automotive & Mobility – Technical | NSW - Sydney
- Senior leadership with breadth and impact
- Fully utilise your strategic thinking, innovative mindset and deep market knowledge
- A global firm on an exciting pathway of change and improvement
Allianz is THE HOME for those who DAREto stand tall behind their ideas.
Do you want to work in a high-trust culture where you'll feel empowered to make decisions that result in impact?
When you work at Allianz, you're part of a successful global insurer, helping to protect over 3 million Australians. You'll have opportunities to grow and drive your career your way,
the opportunity to work with people from diverse and exciting backgrounds and your fresh thinking and ideas will be encouraged and welcomed. It is an exciting time to join Allianz as we transform our business and focus on simplification, innovation and placing our customers at the heart of everything we do.
You'll get the support you need to develop your learning, educational opportunities and career.
About the Role
Reporting to the Chief Technical Officer, this senior leadership role will be responsible for leading the Automotive & Mobility portfolio for Allianz Australia, and managing the function to ensure best practice products meet the changing needs of Automotive & Mobility customers. This includes understanding emerging trends and risks in the Automotive & Mobility space to drive new products and/or change existing products, and working closely with the CTP team.
Key responsibilities of the role
- Lead, coach and develop a highly professional and motivated team, and continue to build Technical capability across the enterprise with an innovative mindset;
- Co-design product strategy to shape the future and meet the changing needs of customers;
- Enhance existing products in line with the Automotive & Mobility customer segment strategy including incorporation of customer metrics into all products;
- Deliver the growth and profitability targets for the Automotive & Mobility customer segment and effectively manage underwriting risks within Allianz's risk appetite;
- Monitoring of competitor positioning and changes in trends in customer segments and the broader market;
- Incorporate the voice of the customer in our product design with reference to customer and industry insights;
- Ensure appropriate controls are in place to meet compliance requirements and ensure there are no material breaches of risk management policies;
- Engage with distribution divisions to ensure optimum product decisions for our customers;
- Demonstrate thought leadership within the organisation with insights on relevant industry issues.
- Extensive portfolio management experience in a senior leadership role for a complex, matrixed general insurance or financial services organisation;
- Extensive contemporary knowledge of insurance products, industry practices and governing legislation;
- Expert strategic planning and relationship management capability;
- Proven analytical and critical thinking capability to evaluate complex alternatives, make confident judgements and develop innovative, sophisticated solutions;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, capable of communicating with audiences at all levels with clarity, impact and influence.
In addition, you will have a reputation for integrity, building and maintaining professional relationships, a growth mindset and a passion to make a difference to our valued customers.
What's on Offer
This role will present an exciting opportunity to join a global iconic insurance organisation, which is transforming through an exciting time of change and growth.
We recognise the contribution of our employees and reward our staff with a dedicated range of attractive benefits: wide range of insurance, household, lifestyle and travel discounts available; variety of flexible leave options; on-going training and development opportunities.
We value integrity, entrepreneurship, customer focus, collaborative leadership and trust. We are seeking people with the same values. We recognise our employees as our most valuable asset and are committed to supporting people to build a long term career within a strong inclusive team culture.
If you are looking to develop your career, take on new challenges and gain valuable experience with a strong global business, apply now and see where your career with Allianz can take you!
Allianz is the home for those who dare to change insurance for the better!
To apply please follow the online links and attach your resume and cover letter. For a confidential discussion please contact Alex Kelly, Senior People Attraction Advisor on 0466 610 626.
Allianz is committed to employment equity and therefore welcomes applications from men and women regardless of race or ethnicity, age, nationality, religion, disability, sexual orientation or philosophy of life. Please advise us if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process or perform the requirements of the role.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
General Practitioner Tully Sydney Tully Town Tully is a pretty coastal town situated halfway between the Regional Cities of Cairns and Townsville in Tropical Far North Queensland. It has a po [...]
About the business F & A Scarcella Pty Ltd is a family owned and operated transport company with depots in Darwin & Campbelltown NSW. We operated road trains between Sydney & Darwin About the role [...]
Queensland State Manager This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Queensland State Manager to join a growing business that provides solutions/products into the building and construction [...]
At Umina Surgery, our dedicated team of General Practitioners, Allied staff, nurses and reception staff provide a range of personalised and quality healthcare services to our patients. Due to large pa [...]