SENIOR INSPECTOR OF MINES - TOWNSVILLE • THE NEXT CAREER STEP • POSITIVELY INFLUENCE SAFETY & HEALTH IN QUEENSLAND• IMPART YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE • Resources Safety & Health Queensland (RSHQ) is an independent statutory bodyresponsible for regulating safety and health in the state’s resources industries including coal mines, mineral mines and quarries, explosives andpetroleum and gas.The Mineral Mines & Quarries (MMQ) Inspectorate of RSHQ, is seeking to appoint an exceptional professional who has a passion for safety and health in the mining sector.The Inspector of Mines fulfills a statutory role under the Mining and Quarrying Safety and Health Act 1999.
Key responsibilities include:
• Provide the Regional Inspector of Mines, Deputy Chief Inspector of Mines and Chief Inspector of Mines with authoritative, professional and timely advice;
• Undertake inspections and audits relating to the operation of mines and in accordance with safety and health legislation;
• Investigate reported breaches of safety and health legislation, accidents, incidents and complaints; and
• Prepare investigation reports into accidents and incidents, including reports for the coroner and for prosecutions.
Whilst this is an investigatory and enforcement role you will also be required to represent RSHQ at all levels across the mining and quarrying industries, employers and employees, RSHQ and the public.
A Queensland First Class Certificate of Competency for an underground mine and a relevant degree from a tertiary institution are highly desirable.
An attractive remuneration package is offered along with first class training and development in a professional and collaborative environment.
This role is an SES2 classification with a Full time Contract, up to 5 years.
How to apply
To apply for this role, you will need to submit the following document/s. For more detailed information, please see the Working for RSHQ document.
• Your current resume detailing your previous work, voluntary or relevant experience including two referees who have personally observed you displaying the competencies required for this role.
• A brief letter (1-2 pages) telling us why you are interested in this role and how your skills and experience complements this role. This should not be a restatement of your resume. It is your opportunity to tell us about yourself, how you meet the required competencies, key duties and responsibilities, and any specific role requirements including what skills you'll bring to the role.
Reasonable Adjustment: All applicants are encouraged to advise the panel of any additional support or reasonable adjustments (i.e. building access, wheelchair access, interpreting services etc.) required during the recruitment process in order to ensure they can demonstrate their ability to meet the inherent requirements of the role.
To learn about how we support and encourage applications from diversity groups and for information on the benefits and conditions of working for RSHQ please refer to the Working for RSHQ document attached with this Smart Jobs item.
***APPLICANTS ARE REQUESTED TO APPLY ONLINE – scroll down and click the ‘APPLY ONLINE' button***
Please note any documents attached to Smart Jobs should be in Microsoft Word or PDF format. Please do not upload zipped files.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
We're looking for a candidate to fill this position in an exciting company. - Provide the Regional Inspector of Mines, Deputy Chief Inspector of Mines and Chief Inspector of Mines with authoritati [...]
Location Townsville, Queensland Job Type Reference JO-2008-101115_1598500279 Posted about 11 hours ago Resources Safety & Health Queensland (RSHQ) is an independent statutory body responsible [...]
Resources Safety & Health Queensland (RSHQ) is an independent statutory body responsible for regulating safety and health in the state's resources industries including coal mines, mineral mines and qu [...]
Key responsibilities include: - Provide the Regional Inspector of Mines, Deputy Chief Inspector of Mines and Chief Inspector of Mines with authoritative, professional and timely advice; - Undertake [...]