Nurse Unit Manager
Surgical Ward B – Full Time
- Friendly and collaborative teams
- Dynamic role with exposure to different clinical case
- Supportive managers
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and highly motivated Registered Nurse to join our Clinical Management team at Norwest Private Hospital.
Norwest Private Hospital is a 277 bed high acuity facility located in Sydney’s rapidly developing North West and is operated by Healthscope, a leading provider of private healthcare in Australia. Please visit our websitewww.norwestprivatehospital.com.au for further information about our hospital and its services.
Key to the Hospital’s success is a highly skilled and expert team of staff.
Key to the success of the Nurse Unit Manager role is the supportive leadership team with opportunity for career development.
The Nurse Unit Manager position in our Surgical B ward is an exciting opportunity to join our established team. This role is integral to the success and growth of neurosurgical and orthopaedic spinal services at Norwest Private Hospital. You will be focused on patient centred care, have strong mentoring and staff development skills, be driven for results, effective in VMO engagement and pivotal to daily organisation of ward patient flow.
The Surgical B ward is 33beds with a predominant neurosurgical and orthopaedic spine case mix and general surgery.
As the Nurse Unit Manager you will be responsible for :
- Leading all aspects of patient care working alongside the team
- Enhancing, maintaining and monitoring safe clinical practices and excellent clinical outcomes
- Effectively building interdisciplinary relationships to support, motivate and develop the clinical team
- Utilise innovative approaches to quality improvement
- Ensuring sound financial management of the unit
- Ensuring Workplace Health and Safety guidelines and policies are met
The Nurse Unit Manager and staff are supported by senior clinicians including a Clinical Nurse Educator and Clinical Nurse Specialists.
- Registered Nurse with current AHPRA registration
- Post graduate qualification in a relevant specialised nursing field (e.g neuro/ortho/critical care)
- 5 years post registration experience and able to demonstrate expert clinical practice
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to develop and strengthen medical, nursing and allied health interdisciplinary relationships and teams
- The ability to read and act on varying staff, patients and doctors needs
- Demonstrated ability in team leadership, supporting an established team and the strategic approach to neurosurgical/orthopaedic spine services
- High standard of customer service and a team approach
- Be innovative and resourceful
- Well- developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated commitment to quality improvement and clinical risk management
- Intermediate computer skills
- Formal qualification in Management strongly desired
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Excellent opportunities exist for Registered Nurses with previous critical care experience to join the ICU at a private hospital in Sydney. THE POSITION As an ICU Registered Nurse, you will join and [...]
Exciting opportunities exist for dynamic and motivated senior Registered Nurses with acute surgical/medical experience to join the professional team at a private hospital in Sydney. Multiple full tim [...]
Temporary Full Time/Part Time until 2021Position Classification Registered NurseRemuneration $32.37 - $45.45 per hourHours weekly 38Requisition REQ142223The Sutherland Hospital is a 375-bed, major met [...]
- Join one of the leading private hospitals in Tasmania just 10 mins from the CBD - This private hospital focusses on providing the highest quality healthcare to their patients - Permanent roles avail [...]