North Sydney Council
What does an outstanding Systems Engineer do?
We are seeking a Systems Engineer to provide technical and business direction for delivering infrastructure solutions based on Linux, AIX and Middleware engineering.
This position will have a high degree of collaboration with development and other infrastructure teams to provide the right level of agility within a defined delivery process. You will also have to install, patch, upgrade, backup and monitor our hosted infrastructurewhich is part ofFiserv’s global distributed server fleet.
The successful candidate will be highly skilled, detail-oriented, results driven, self-starter who enjoys working in a fast paced, exciting environment.
You will lead complex projects and issues within functional technical areas and multi-functional teams as well as coach and lead less experience IT staff to reach team outcomes.
- Construct, develop, test, automate, deploy and support the hosting infrastructure that underpins the applications in a mixed server environment.
- Supervise hardware health, processes and key business processes running on our servers.
- Collaborate closely with the application development teams and other functional IT areas to determine standard methodologies, tuning, and problem resolution and root cause analysis.
- Recommend strategies for process and technology improvement.
- Create high quality documentation that meets the needs and expectations of our partners.
- Deliver client expectations of timeliness, attention and focus on their needs.
- Determine root causes and find resolutions for technical issues in a timely manner.
- Rotate coverage of on-call duties after hours and on weekends to support our solutions.
Evaluate, Recommend, Configure, Install, Administer and Support the Companies Server OS/Middleware that consists of:
Linux – RHEL/Oracle Linux –Advanced
AIX – Advanced
Middleware – Advanced
- SAN Storage configuration
- VMWare, VSphere
What is in it for you?
- A dynamic career packed with growth & future mobility opportunity within the organisation!
- Join a leading Fintech Fortune 500 listed organisation!
We’re #FISVProud to be part of a widely dispersed team developing mobile and online banking products that are used by millions around the world. We like to work hard, build great products and do good in our community. With our new open plan offices set up to make things happen, and allows greater collaboration and engagement!
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Description The role of the Data Engineer is to contribute to the delivery of solutions that meet the agreed objectives and deliverables while delivering high business value. The role is expec [...]
Job Description The role of the Data Engineer is to contribute to the delivery of solutions that meet the agreed objectives and deliverables while delivering high business value. The role is expe [...]
* North Sydney and Work from home * Large, high profile organisation * Exciting project The role Our client, a large North Sydney based telecommunications organisation, is looking for a Securi [...]
Description What if... ... we showed you how we're solving the world’s greatest challenges by transforming intangible ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world?Our Pe [...]