Costco Wholesale Corporation
Daily tasks and responsibilities:
• Spots for forklift drivers to keep people out of fall-danger zone.
• Follows merchandising standards and practices. Aligns product, collects and returns stray items, stocks to maintain high product levels.
• Communicates with supervisors and managers to determine merchandising plan and priorities. Writes list of products to be brought from steel, by forklift driver, for stocking.
• Stocks opened cases on shelves. Moves and positions pallets of merchandise using manual pallet jack. Stacks product from partial pallets to full pallets.
• Uses box knife to cut boxes for display/accessibility of product and to cut twine or shrink wrap from pallet.
Wraps or ties and tags pallets to be returned to steel.
• Marks product number on unmarked items using marking gun. Observes and ensures correct product signage.
• Sets up display models, assembling as necessary. Modifies displays for safe handling by members, e.g., bolting heavy equipment, taping blade edges. Follows all safety and security procedures.
• Pulls loose cardboard and slip-sheets from floor. Clears sales floor of debris and sweeps. Removes empty pallets from the sales floor. Operates cardboard baler and trash compactor. Rewraps loose product using shrink-wrap machine.
• Provides prompt and courteous member service. Helps members to load large items into their cart, directs members to products, and relates product status knowledge.
• Assists with front end duties as necessary.
• Assists other areas in the department as necessary and Assists in other departments of the warehouse as necessary.
• Creates computer-generated signs.
• Communication – Articulates information in a way that can be easily understood by employees, members, and vendors. Actively listens to fellow employees, members, and managers.
• Member Service - Exhibits a professional demeanour toward others. Unselfishly serves others and assists members, employees and vendors in a prompt and effective manner while following company procedures. Ability to identify problems, find solutions, and make sound decisions that reflect Costco’s Code of Ethics.
• Self-Motivated - Well-organised and able to prioritise, multi-task, and adhere to deadlines while working efficiently and independently with minimal supervision. Accepts responsibility for his/her choices and decisions.
• Team Player - Cooperates well with a variety of personalities and individuals and participates in a professional manner to accomplish the business goal. Willingness to perform tasks assigned by supervisors and to assist others as needed.
• Flexibility - Adjusts positively to change in direction or assignment. Ability to do more than one task during a work shift. Willingness and ability to comply with new programs, methods, practices, and procedures.
• Record of Satisfactory Job Performance - Demonstrates satisfactory job performance as indicated on the most recent review through positive demonstration of Costco’s Success Behaviours, and by a file free from counselling notices related to job performance.
Qualifications (Costco-specific or industry-specific skills that candidates should possess):
• Education/Training: Higher School Certificate or higher
• Licenses/Certifications: None.
• Experience: Customer experience or comparable service
• Knowledge/Skills: Basic Maths Skills, AS400
MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER
Part Time Position - 24 hrs per week
Rotating roster which will include weekend work and starts from 4am or finishing as late as 11pm.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Employment Type: Casual Facility: Shellharbour Hospital, Port Kembla District Hospital, Wollongong Hospital, Bulli District Hospital Position Classification: Wardsperson Remuneration: $25.98 - $ [...]
- Step up ladies and kick-start your career! - Work within a leading steel industry company - Located in Port Kembla Who you'll be working with… HVTC Illawarra is an expert in the employmen [...]
Job Type: Apprenticeship - Open to all applicants! - Work within a leading steel industry company - Located in Port Kembla Who you'll be working with… HVTC Illawarra is an expert in the employmen [...]
Job Type: Apprenticeship - Step up ladies and kick-start your career! - Work within a leading steel industry company - Located in Port Kembla Who you'll be working with… HVTC Illawarra is an e [...]