Auto & General
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be focused on the efficient hosting of Auto & General’s digital platforms. This will include being responsible for the design, implementation and support of the Infrastructure automation pipelines that underpin the changes to existing, and the creation of new cloud-hosted applications & services. You will be strongly focused on AWS cloud automation, both infrastructure and application deployment and have a strong drive in assisting developers in delivering their applications as efficiently as possible.
- Provide responsive Technical and Operational Support to the Development, Service Delivery,
Operations and Security Teams for the efficient hosting and deployment of cloud-hosted applications and services;
- Contribute to the architecture, design, security and implementation of new digital systems, infrastructure, approaches and practices;
- Drive the automation and continuous improvement of cloud infrastructure and application deployment piplelines;
- Work closely with the Application Development Teams to enable faster delivery cycles whilst managing risks of Infrastructure faults;
- Represent Technical Services in projects, contribute to the requirements and the design, and participate in project work as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Commercial experience in a DevOps/Site Reliability Engineer capacity;
- High level proficiency in cloud & Linux systems administration, maintenance, problem solving, design and implementation skills;
- Strong understanding & experience with AWS infrastructure including microservices & serverless architectures
- Infrastructure & Software CI/CD Pipelines (Bamboo, Jenkins);
- Web Hosting & Load Balancing (Ngnix, Apache HTTPD, Imperva WAF);
- Experience across Web Application Servers & Web Security;
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to partner with Development teams;
- Experience with Agile delivery and SCRUM framework;
- Experience with Docker and JVM deployments (desired); and
- AWS & GCP certifications highly regarded.
Who are Auto & General:
Auto & General is the Australian arm of a private global group with 8,000 employees across 31 offices and over 8.9 million customers worldwide.
In Australia, Auto & General launched in 2000 and has grown to provide industry-leading motor, home and travel insurance products both directly through Budget Direct and via industry leading partnerships. With an Australian team of 1400+ we are now looking for talented individuals who can help drive our ambitious growth plans.
- Toowong - City fringe location;
- Enjoy additional leave days - ‘ME’ leave and ‘Volunteer Day’ leave;
- Join our vibrant social and community activities including annual celebration, family fun days and regular events across each of our sites;
- Study support (up to 50% of tuition fees for relevant courses) and professional membership reimbursement;
- Employee discounts on Car, Home, Travel insurance;
- Income protection insurance provided to support you in the event of non-work related illness or injury;
- Discounts with a broad range of providers, including gym memberships, accommodation, dental care and more.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
We are currently looking for a Data Engineer for an approximately 9 month contract with a large government department based in Brisbane CBD. Responsibilities: - Identify and engage with state-wide g [...]
About BHP At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with ext [...]
- Brisbane CBD - 6-Month Fixed Term Contract (Possible Extension) - Assist a National Organisation on their DevOps Journey Our client is a national organisation that provides important services to [...]
- Provide expert DevOps CI/CD process advice and influence its adoption - 6 month Fixed Term Contract with potential to extend for another 6 months - Brisbane CBD based, close to transport, shops and [...]