Maribyrnong City Council
Maribyrnong City Council is undergoing significant change in population growth, redevelopment, and a transitioning economy is leading to an influx of new residents, businesses and opportunities. Maribyrnong is becoming a sought after residential area and a destination for foodies.
Our Assets and Capital Department has an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced Senior Project Manager - Special Projects to join the team. Reporting to the Manager, Assets and Capital, this position will ensure the effective and efficient planning, coordination and delivery of major building projects including the Town Hall Redevelopment Project,
Operations Centre Masterplan and other end-to-end projects as identified by Council.
This is a temporary full time role on a 24 month fixed term contract.
- Ensure implementation of Council's Project Management Framework and utilisation of Council's Project Management system in all projects;
- Ensure compliance with Council's Procurement Policy and Guidelines and adherence to Council's Contract Management processes in all projects;
- Define project scopes, goals and deliverables that support business objectives in collaboration with senior management and key stakeholders;
- Prepare detailed project reports including design options, detailed costing and project planning for Council consideration;
- Provide specialist technical advice and information to stakeholders on emerging project issues, recommending and implementing evidence based appropriate solutions, as required;
- Manage the financial position of projects against budget expenditure including cost reporting, forecasting and variation management, providing periodic status updates, in accordance with Council policies and procedures as required;
- Manage and oversee project resources, coordinating and supervising internal staff, consultants and contractors, to ensure adherence to agreed timelines and deliverables; and
- Identify and manage project risks, in accordance with the Council's risk framework, policies, procedures and relevant OHS legislation.
To be considered for this role, you will have the following:
- A degree or diploma in Project Management, Engineering, Building, Construction, Architecture or other related disciplines, with substantial experience;
- Extensive working knowledge and experience of the construction industry, building and civil project management including best practice contracting and tendering processes, Australian construction standards, codes of practice and relevant legislation;
- Extensive experience in the successful management and supervision of contractors and consultants including contract documentation and administration, payment approvals, financial management and performance monitoring; and
- A current Victorian driver's license.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a commercially savvy Senior Project Manager with excellent stakeholder management abilities and demonstrable project planning and construction knowledge. So, if you have proven experience in the successful delivery of community infrastructure projects on time, to scope and within budget, Apply Now!
To express your interest in this role, please forward your Resume and a Cover Letter outlining your relevant experience and addressing the Key Selection Criteria in support of your application by the close date.
For further details and a copy of the position description please visit us at: http://maribyrnong.recruitmenthub.com.au
We are a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to child safety and supporting the best interests of children in all our operations. Council encourages young people, people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Footscray, Australia Reference: 5221622 - Be part of a newly funded program - Reporting to Director COVID Response - Coordinate COVID management within the community Welcome to cohealth. [...]
Footscray, Australia Reference: 5213198 - Enjoy a varied role with career development aplenty at an iconic non-profit - 2 FTE positions available (1 x permanent, 1 x contract) Welcome to co [...]
Footscray, Australia Reference: 5215784 - Be part of a newly funded program - An opportunity to make your next big career move - Full-time contract About cohealth Welcome to cohealth. A [...]
Footscray, Australia Reference: 5215781 - Full time, Fixed Term 4 months - Newly created role - Contribute to the quality process across all COVID services About cohealth Welcome to cohe [...]