Seeking a suitably qualified and experienced individual to fulfill the role of GIS Officer – Infrastructure (Technical). The role is expected to continue until end December at this stage.
This role is required to conduct spatial analysis of data, more specifically, analysis of infrastructure networks, to support effective planning, design, investment and delivery of local government infrastructure.
The successful applicant will possess:
- the ability to be inventive and creative in using GIS tools and practices to solve problems
- a demonstrated ability to use GIS tools to analyse a problem to identify and propose multiple solutions (essential)
- the ability to undertake some repetitive tasks such as producing maps across the local government region, updating planned and existing infrastructure information and running reports on spatial data
- the ability to undertake these types of tasks and identify opportunities to minimise effort but maintain high quality and accuracy of outputs
- the ability to use tools, systems or processes to do this work
- the ability to work with multi-disciplinary team members
- an understanding of planning and design processes for local government or water and sewerage infrastructure is highly desirable
- between 5 and 10 years’ experience, with formal qualifications in geospatial information systems and demonstrated experience in GIS activities, problem solving using GIS tools and knowledge of infrastructure planning activities
- a current C class driving licence
This role may not be suitable for someone with experience limited to dataset management, data capture, digitising survey information, basic asset management activities, preparation of survey plans.
Apply now, or for more information email [email protected]
Contact us to Apply
Tina 07 3390 8119 Email us
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Print Talent Pool for Educators - Service Industry Faculty TAFE Queensland Various Do you have a passion for your industry, recent industry experience and industry qualifications? Have you con [...]
Print Talent Pool for Educators - Manufacturing Faculty TAFE Queensland Various Do you have a passion for your industry, recent industry experience and industry qualifications? Have you consid [...]
Weighbridge Attendant Tenure/Term Full time up to 3 years Award/Level Qld Local Government Industry Award Stream B - Level 4 Various Locations within Moreton Bay Region Package $56 [...]
The Opportunity: This is your opportunity to not only share your skills as a fast order Cook and gain appreciation for your efforts, but also to be inspired by your workplace in the picturesque envi [...]