Life Style Solutions
- Supported Independent Living
- Intellectual Disability
- Casual roles
- Revesby location
- Variety of hours, 8 hour shifts - Mornings, Afternoons and Awake Nights
We are seeking passionate, energetic and caring support workers who enjoy what they do - improving the lives of their customers.
Own It - How we get the job done
We are providing innovative and flexible person centred support for a young man living with an intellectual disability to live as independently as possible in our community. Our service in Revesby supports a young man who has mild to moderate intellectual disabilities, oppositional defiant disorder and he requires complex support provision.
As a support worker in his team you will:
- Provide mentoring and skill development, assisting him to explore his interests
- Assist with coaching independent life skills such as social interactions, cooking and domestic chores
- Helping our client to engage with his local communities and culture through access to Community Participation Programs and recreational activities
- Administering and managing medication
- Assist him to meet his individual support plans and personal goals
Make It Matter - What you will bring to make a difference in other's lives
- Be willing to be available to work a variable roster which includes mornings, afternoons, active nights and weekends
- Previous experience supporting people with an intellectual disability
- Experience of supporting people with medication needs
- Experience working with people who have a range of behavioral concerns and needs
- Versatile communication skills
- Current drivers licence
- Current Provide First Aid certificate (HLTAID003)
- Formal qualifications in Disability, Community Services or Welfare will be advantageous
Keep Calm & Be Happy - How you will interact with people and other benefits
Joining Lifestyle Solutions makes you feel like you are making a different in people's lives. Our team is here because they care, and because of this, we have an enriching and rewarding culture within our teams.
You will be able to:
- Use your strong communication and interpersonal skills to engage with your customer
- Maintain strong professional boundaries
- Be able to remain calm in stressful situations
- Work collaboratively in a complex environment as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Work within a Self Managed Team
Respect - Who we are and why we do it
We’re people who care. Lifestyle Solutions provides services to people with disability, young people and children in Out Of Home Care, their families and communities. Our customers receive services designed to meet their everyday needs and support them to achieve their goals. Our national workforce is committed to providing service that is reliable, responsive, flexible, friendly, empathetic and caring.
We believe everyone is equal.
We stand for everyone in society having equal opportunity and equal respect. We do this by providing our customers access to quality services and dedicated people who make a real difference in their lives. We believe this is everyone's fundamental right. You can learn more about us here.
Join Us - Next step
All applications must be lodged online, please answer the easy questions below. If you have any additional questions please call Alan Field on 02 4014 7869 during business hours.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Sunday 11 October 2020 at 23:30
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will be actively shortlisting during the advertising period and reserve the right to close this advert prior to the advertised date.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We welcome, actively support and promote the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds and other diversity groups.
As part of our process selected applicants will be required to undergo employment screening and probity checks prior to commencing.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
First Steps Learning Academy is a privately owned family run business that strives for excellence in early childhood care. Offering childcare and education for 0 to 6 years our successful company is a [...]
Job Description - Unique position with a variable caseload - Supportive management team and positive working environment - Above Award Pay Rates! Fantastic opportunity to manage a mixed Neuro/Paeds [...]
For specialised growing building firm, based in Revesby. The role plays an important part in the ability of the organisation to realise its financial objectives. You will: - Have a strong kno [...]
Have you ever thought about becoming a Mystery Shopper or Secret Shopper? The Secret Shopper Mystery Shopping Services are Australia’s number one Secret Shopping business EST. 2006. Mystery Shoppin [...]