Life Style Solutions
- Accommodation Service
- Casual roles
- Rooty Hill location
- Variety of hours - Mornings, Afternoons, Sleep overs
We are seeking passionate, energetic and caring support workers who enjoy what they do - improving the lives of their customers.
Own It - How we get the job done
We are providing innovative and flexible person centred support for people living with a disability in our community. Our accommodation service in Rooty Hill supports customers who have moderate to severe intellectual disabilities, Autism Spectrum Disorder and require complex support provision.
As a support worker in this team you will:
- Provide mentoring and skill development, assisting customers to explore their interests
- Assist with coaching independent life skills such as cooking, domestic and social skills
- Providing personal care such as toileting, showering, feeding and dressing when required
- Helping our clients to engage with their local communities and culture through access to Community Participation Programs and recreational activities
- Administering and managing medication
- Assist customers to meet their individual support plans
Make It Matter - What you will bring to make a difference in other's lives
- Be willing to be available to work a variable roster which includes mornings, afternoons, sleep overs and weekends
- Previous experience supporting people with a disability
- Experience of supporting people with medication needs
- Experience working with people who have a range of behavioral concerns and needs
- Versatile communication skills; the ability to communicate and interact with both verbal and non-verbal customers
- Current drivers licence
- Current Provide First Aid certificate (HLTAID003)
- Formal qualifications in Disability, Community Services or Welfare will be advantageous
Keep Calm & Be Happy - How you will interact with people and other benefits
Joining Lifestyle Solutions makes you feel like you are making a different in people's lives. Our team is here because they care, and because of this, we have an enriching and rewarding culture within our teams.
You will be able to:
- Use your strong communication and interpersonal skills to engage with a wide variety of customers
- Be able to remain calm in stressful situations
- Work collaboratively in a complex environment as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Work within a Self Managed Team
Respect - Who we are and why we do it
We’re people who care. Lifestyle Solutions provides services to people with disability, young people and children in Out Of Home Care, their families and communities. Our customers receive services designed to meet their everyday needs and support them to achieve their goals. Our national workforce is committed to providing service that is reliable, responsive, flexible, friendly, empathetic and caring.
We believe everyone is equal.
We stand for everyone in society having equal opportunity and equal respect. We do this by providing our customers access to quality services and dedicated people who make a real difference in their lives. We believe this is everyone's fundamental right. You can learn more about us here.
Join Us - Next step
All applications must be lodged online, please answer the easy questions below. If you have any additional questions please call Alan Field on 02 4014 7869 during business hours.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Sunday 27 September 2020 at 23:30
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will be actively shortlisting during the advertising period and reserve the right to close this advert prior to the advertised date.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We welcome, actively support and promote the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds and other diversity groups.
As part of our process selected applicants will be required to undergo employment screening and probity checks prior to commencing.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
‘It is impossible to produce superior performance unless you do something different’ The Person: Innovative, practical with rationality and not bound by prior experience or industry conventi [...]
Energetic receptionist required for our medical centre. The candidates with sound computer knowledge, past experience and excellent communication skills will be preferred. The candidates should be abl [...]
Position Events Manager / Planner / Organizer Employer KRISHAV Events ABN 93281486561 Main Business Address Hamrun Cct, Rooty Hill, Important Company 2766 Salary $60, - $65, Superannuation 9.% Hours w [...]
Workmates Australia are currently seeking a Trade Qualified Mechanical Fitter with experience in servicing plant machinery on a precast site to join our reputable Client, based in Rootyhill. ABOUT TH [...]