Australian Capital Territory
Closes: 23 September 2020
Classification: Health Professional Level 3
Salary: $94,606 - $99,687 (up to $104,631 on achieving a personal upgrade) plus superannuation
Position No: 40209 - 01RQ1
Advertised (Gazettal date): 09 September 2020
Contact Officer: Andrew Slattery on or
Our Vision : Creating exceptional health care together
Our Role : To be a health service that is trusted by our community
Our Values : Reliable, Progressive, Respectful and Kind
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focused on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services,
to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services
- Mental Health, Justice Health, Alcohol and Drug Services provide a range of health services from prevention and treatment through to recovery and maintenance at a number of locations and in varied environments for people suffering from mental health issues.
- Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Seven community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Services.
Overview of the work area and position:
The Nutrition Department is primarily responsible for the management of core functions and provision of Nutrition based allied health services within Canberra Health Services. Services include;
Clinical Dietetic Services to:
- Inpatients on the University of Canberra Hospital and Canberra Hospital Campuses including the Centenary Hospital for Women and Children and the Adult Mental Health Unit
- Outpatients requiring specialist care from the ACT and regional NSW
- Operation of centralised Special Diet Service
- Operation of Infant Feeding Service
- Coordination of Canberra Health Services Clinical Education Program for Nutrition and Dietetic students from various local universities
- Food Service governance activities in partnership with the Canberra Hospital Food Service Department
Under supervision, you will provide clinical dietetic services across the Canberra Health Services and contribute to service improvement and quality improvement/quality assurance activities of the department.
Canberra Health Services is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace. As part of this commitment we strongly encourage people from an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander background, or People with Disability, to apply for all positions.
- Hold an undergraduate or postgraduate qualification in Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Eligible for membership of the Dietitians Association of Australia, and eligible to hold Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) credential.
- Be registered under the Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) Act 2011.
- Hold a current driver’s licence.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police check;
- Comply with CHS credentialing requirements for allied health.
- Comply with CHS Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination policy, (OMU).
This is a temporary position available for nine months. This position may be required to participate in overtime, on call, and rotation roster. Some weekend and public holiday duty will be required. The position is based at University of Canberra Hospital however will be required to work across Canberra Health Services sites and undertake patient home visits.
For more information on this position and how to apply “”
This is a temporary position available for nine months.
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Diabetes Dietitian Full-time Temporary Closes: 25 September 2020 Classification: Health Professional Level 3 Salary: $94,606 - $99,687 (up to $104,631 on achieving a personal upgrade) plus supe [...]
Our Vision: Creating exceptional health care together. Our Role: To be a health service that is trusted by our community. Our Values: Reliable, Progressive, Respectful and Kind Canberra Health S [...]
Closes: 25 September 2020 Classification: Health Professional Level 3 Salary: $94,606 - $99,687 (up to $104,631 on achieving a personal upgrade) plus superannuation Position No: 16200 - 01RWZ [...]
Dietitian Full-time Temporary Closes: 23 September 2020 Classification: Health Professional Level 3 Salary: $94,606 - $99,687 (up to $104,631 on achieving a personal upgrade) plus superannuatio [...]