Australian Capital Territory
Closes: 01 October 2020
Classification: Registered Nurse Level 2
Salary: $94,409 - $100,061 plus superannuation
Position No: 45038 - 01ROS
Advertised (Gazettal date): 15 September 2020
Contact Officer: Monique Fielder on or
Our Vision: Creating exceptional health care together.
Our Role: To be a health service that is trusted by our community.
Our Values: Reliable, Progressive, Respectful and Kind
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people.
It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community-based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Services.
Overview of the work area and position
Adult Acute Mental Health Services incorporates the Adult Mental Health Unit (AMHU), the Mental Health Short Stay Unit (MHSSU) and the Consultation Liaison (CL) Team across the Emergency Department (ED) and The Canberra Hospital (TCH).
AMHU is a 40-bed inpatient Facility comprised of a 10 bed High Dependency Unit (HDU) and 30 bed Low Dependence Unit (LDU) for people experiencing moderate to severe mental illness. AMHU is a contemporary evidence-based service providing high quality mental health care, guided by the principles of recovery. The service aims to provide collaborative care involving the patient, their carers and other key services. MHSSU is a low dependency 6 bed inpatient unit in the ED for people requiring extended mental health assessment and or treatment initiation.
The Electroconvulsive Therapy Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of care provided to patients receiving Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) within CHS.
The ECT Coordinator assists the mental health treating teams in all aspects of delivering ECT, performing a coordinating role maintaining close and timely communication with other members of the ECT multidisciplinary team (MDT).
- Current un-conditional registration or eligibility for un-conditional registration as a Registered Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia.
- Approved Tertiary/or equivalent qualifications in nursing.
- Experience in either a Mental Health Setting, Operating Theatres or directly with ECT
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police Check.
- Be registered under the Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) Act 2011.
- Comply with CHS Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination policy, (OMU).
Note: This is a part-time permanent position available at 24 hours per week and the full-time salary noted above will be paid pro-rata.
For more information on this position and how to apply “”
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
- Permanent Residents can apply - 12 month contract with 12 month extension option - Experience within Salesforce eco-system. About the Organisation Our client provides policy advice, analysis [...]
Classification: ANU Officer 8 (Administration) Salary package: $99,612 - 106,517 per annum plus 17% superannuation Term: Full time, Continuing We offer: - Permanent opportunity - Flexible [...]
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts. Job Category Sales Job Details Every CIO tod [...]
The Education Directorate is looking for an experienced Executive Officer to work within the Deputy Director-General (DDG) Office. The position provides high level advice to the DDG on strategic, admi [...]