Australian Capital Territory
Closes: 25 September 2020
Classification: Specialist Band 1 - 5
Salary: $164,470 - $202,960 plus superannuation
Position No: 24259, 49103 - 01RSB
Advertised (Gazettal date): 14 September 2020
Contact Officer: Andreea Ardeleanu on or
Our Vision: Creating exceptional health care together.
Our Role: To be a health service that is trusted by our community.
Our Values: Reliable, Progressive, Respectful and Kind
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people.
It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community-based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Services.
Strong research links are maintained with the ANU, University of Canberra and the Australian Catholic University. All specialties are represented except for organ transplantation. The hospital has well developed post graduate teaching programs. A fully equipped medical library is available on site with a large collection of hard copy and online journals and textbooks.
The preferred candidate maybe considered for a conjoint position in ANU at an academic level commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. The academic position will be held for the duration of the Canberra Health Services employment and will be subject to regular performance reviews. No remuneration is attached to the University position. The employee will be responsible to the University on academic matters and clinical/ research matters to Canberra Health Services.
For more information in relation to conjoint positions with the ANU please contact Professor Imogen Mitchell, Dean, ANU Medical School (02) 6125 2622
About our great city, Canberra, Australia’s National Capital:
Canberra is a city with outstanding amenities and excellent housing, educational and leisure opportunities. It is home to national icons and monuments as well as natural treasures. The coast and ski fields are nearby; Sydney is only three hours away by road. For more information on our great city and your future, visit:
Overview of the work area and position
The ACT Women’s Health Service (WHS) provides interprofessional and holistic nursing, medical and counselling services to vulnerable women who experience significant barriers to accessing health care due to, for example, the impact of violence, financial hardship, language or cultural differences, disability, sexual identity, mental health or substance use.
WHS is seeking a medical practitioner with registered as a specialist in general practice and experience in Women’s Health and a commitment to working with marginalised women.
The positions will provide transitional medical services to women, and work collaboratively with the interprofessional team and with other relevant services, to promote a holistic response to addressing the needs of women to improve health and wellbeing outcomes.
Professionally, these positions report to the Clinical Director, Obstetrics and Gynaecology; and in relation to operational matters, the Manager, Women’s Health Service.
The positions are predominantly located at Women’s Health Service in Civic, but there may be outreach opportunities required.
- Registered or eligible for registration as a medical practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioner’s Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of General Practitioners or equivalent specialist qualifications.
- Currently working in General Practice in the ACT or surrounding region with a minimum of five years post graduate experience
- Experience in Women’s Health and a commitment to working with marginalised women. Understanding of practice from a trauma inform framework.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police Check.
- Be granted with their Scope of Clinical Practice through the Medical Dental Appointments Advisory Committee (MDAAC).
- Comply with CHS Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination policy, (OMU)relating to assessment, screening and vaccination processes against specified infectious diseases.
Salary, Remuneration and Conditions:
Staff Specialist Bands 1-5: $164,470 - $202,960
Annual Salary: Indicative total package value of between $254,362 - $343,155 inclusive of salary, applicable allowances and 11% super. Starting salary will be negotiated within this band for the successful candidate, depending on their experience and expertise.
Reimbursement of relocation costs may be available if you are the successful candidate.
Medical Staff in the Canberra Health Services enjoy excellent conditions, and our Enterprise Agreement is available at
Note: These are part-time permanent positions available at eight and four hours per week and the full-time salary noted above will be paid pro-rata.
For more information on this position and how to apply “”
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Closes: 16 October 2020 Classification: Registered Midwife Level 3.2 Salary: $122,360 plus superannuation Position No: 49112 - 01RFF Directorate: Advertised (Gazettal date): 29 September 20 [...]
Closes: 08 October 2020 Classification: Specialist Band 1 - 5 Salary: $164,470 - $202,960 plus superannuation Position No: 49296 - 01RPT Directorate: Advertised (Gazettal date): 25 Septembe [...]
Job Description Trans-Ax Health Care - Empowering Doctors Canberra, ACT locations * A new position has become available due to excess patient demand. A suitable doctor for the position would [...]
Closes: 25 September 2020 Classification: Specialist Band 1 - 5 Salary: $164,470 - $202,960 plus superannuation Position No: 24259, 49103 - 01RSB Directorate: Advertised (Gazettal date): 14 [...]