Slater and Gordon
Lawyer 2-3 PAE (Industrial & Employment Law)
What are we looking for?
Lawyer 2nd to 3rd Year Experience | Permanent Full Time | Industrial and Employment Law | Sydney NSW Office
Our Employment Lawyers assist our clients with employment contract reviews, unfair dismissals, employment settlement agreements, bullying and discrimination and other investigations.At more recently, assisting clients during the COVID-19 pandemic and understating their work rights.
If you have experience in employment law, or have a passion for industrial relations, then this could be exactly what you are looking for.
This role will have you working with like-minded lawyers based in Sydney,
but liaising with the wider Slater and Gordon industrial and employment law teams across the country.
Key to your success in this position will be a previous knowledge of employment law, together with a proactive, passionate and results driven nature.
A typical day will have you responsible for the following:
- Liaise with clients to understand case issues
- Manage expectations independently; seeking guidance where appropriate
- Conduct and manage new client enquiries
- Maintain regular and open communication with clients.
Working with others:
- Liaise with other senior lawyers, counsel and external experts as required to clarify and resolve complex legal issues
- Supervise, mentor and support junior lawyers and legal support staff when required
Day to day:
- Produce quality letters of advice, in a timely manner
- Draft court documents when required
- Conduct file reviews to identify any key issues
What will you bring?
Ideally, you will have the following skills and attributes:
- 2-3 years Post Admission Experience
- Previous experience and a passion for Employment law
- Outstanding communication & interpersonal skills
- Ability to exercise empathy and compassion to clients
- Experience in running files end to end
- Ability to exercise judgement and resolve problems quickly
- A strong team player
Why work for us?
Slater and Gordon is a leading Australian Personal Injury law firm. Our people are passionate advocates for clients, providing a personal and caring service. For their part, our clients value an expert, tailored service from people they can depend on.
We pride ourselves on offering accessible, world class legal services to people from all backgrounds and socio-economic circumstances. We work hard to simplify the legal process for them and provide support and guidance along the way.
At Slater and Gordon you’re exposed to varied and interesting work and the constant opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of everyday people.
Slater and Gordon employees enjoy a genuine opportunity for professional development in an environment that values and recognises high performance.
If you are motivated, hardworking, and enjoy a fast-paced workplace, then consider a career with us. As a firm committed to promoting social justice, our staff value being part of an inclusive and diverse team. Candidates from all cultural backgrounds and social groups are encouraged to apply for this position.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply directly to Slater and Gordon. We prefer to deal with you personally and are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job no: 499278 Work type: temporary part-time Location: Our Lady of The Nativity Primary School - Lawson Categories: Teaching The Catholic Education Diocese of Parramatta is looking for a sk [...]
- Permanent position available immediately in Sydney CBD - Excellent remuneration and benefits - Career defining role We are looking for a Systems & Safety Assurance Manager to manage, expand an [...]
Job no: 499277 Work type: temporary full-time Location: Penola Catholic College - Emu Plains Categories: Teaching The Catholic Education Diocese of Parramatta is looking for a skilled, conte [...]
An exciting opportunity for an Account Manager who has the passion for building relationships on a professional level and contribute to the expansion and growth of our award winning Digital Agency. Yo [...]