NSW Health Pathology
Employment Type : Permanent Full Time
Position Classification : Technical Officer Grade 1/2
Remuneration : $57,391.21 - $84,132.20 per annum plus superannuation
Hours Per Week : 38
Requisition ID : REQ187196 Location: Royal North Shore Hospital Applications Close: 28 September 2020 - 11:59pm
An employment opportunity exists for an experienced Medical Laboratory Technician in the automated biochemistry laboratory of Royal North Shore Hospital.
The automated biochemistry laboratory operates 24/7 and is a front line service for Royal North Shore Hospital which is the major teaching on the north shore of Sydney. About the opportunity
Being part of NSW Health Pathology means you’re helping create better health and justice systems every day.
We operate more than 60 laboratories and around 200 collection centres across NSW and conduct over 60 million tests per annum. Our network of pathologists are supported by scientists, technicians and support staff who quickly and accurately assess samples so clinical teams can make the best possible treatment decisions for patients. Our Forensic & Analytical Science Service provides independent, objective analysis to the NSW criminal and coronial justice systems.
What we can offer you
- Accrued Days Off in addition to Annual Leave
- Generous salary packaging options and other fringe benefits
- Corporate wellbeing programs, including the
- Learning and development opportunities, including in-house training with RTO
What you'll be doing Perform a range of laboratory investigations and tests (manual and automated) and technical tasks by applying established methods and procedures, as directed. Undertake other laboratory duties including preparation of materials and the maintenance of equipment in line with established laboratory processes, procedures and protocols.
Interested in joining Australia’s largest public pathology service? Apply now by addressing the following questions:
- Minimum qualification of Diploma in Laboratory Technology or an equivalent qualification from a recognised tertiary institution with subjects relevant to pathology or medical laboratory operations
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the delivery of pathology services within a discipline relevant to the department, including use of Laboratory Information Systems, Patient Systems and Quality Systems
- Ability to work in a responsible and efficient manner and to manage competing priorities to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment whilst working autonomously to deliver results within specified timeframes set to meet client expectations
- Customer focused approach displaying well-developed interpersonal skills and good oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with customers and patients as well as clinical laboratory staff
- Display initiative, problem solving and analytical skills including an ability to apply established principles in a pathology laboratory and investigate and resolve general and complex issues within the laboratory environment
- Commitment to the principles of quality management and continuous quality improvement and to identify, develop and implement quality and service improvement activities
- Demonstrated experience in an accredited diagnostic medical laboratory
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
About the Role We have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced and enthusiastic Orderly to join our friendly and hardworking team within the Operating Theatre Suite. The position is a c [...]
An exciting opportunity for an Account Manager who has the passion for building relationships on a professional level and contribute to the expansion and growth of our award winning Digital Agency. Yo [...]
All Sydney areas Reliable (Able to work 5 days with occasional Saturday work) Ability to work in teams as well as individually Must have suitable work car Experience (No apprentices) Long term jo [...]
About the business LJ Hooker is an iconic brand and market leader in real estate industry in Australia. Our franchise company in Gordon, one of the 700 franchisees of LJ Hooker Group, sits in the cen [...]