Far West Local Health District
New South Wales
Employment Type : Permanent Full Time
Position Classification : Counsellor Lvl 1
Remuneration : $64270 - $75663 per annum
Hours Per Week : 38
Requisition ID : REQ187709
Location : (see this link for local information)
About the Opportunity
We are seeking an experienced Mental Health Clinician to join the vibrant, supportive, multi-disciplinary team at the Broken Hill Health Service. In the role, you will perform specialist mental health and drug and alcohol assessment, care planning and case management services for people experiencing mental health and drug and alcohol problems. You will also be involved in providing important MHDA education and training, promotion and prevention activities for communities,
key services and carers.
Working in a smaller, rural health facility will allow you to develop your skills with the opportunity to work across a wide stream of specialties. This role is suited for a passionate individual who wants to help improve mental health outcomes for some of the most vulnerable communities in NSW. If you’re looking for career progression and professional development with the ability to make a real difference, then this is the job for you!
What We Can Offer You
Working for the Far West NSW LHD may come with the following benefits:
- 5 weeks paid annual leave per year
- Paid clinical supervision on top of the generous salary
- Isolation and climate allowance
- Salary sacrificing and packaging
- Car leases and free parking at all facilities
- Support through advanced education and training
- Annual innovation and staff excellence awards
- Get Healthy Program
- A comfortable country lifestyle that supports balance and wellbeing
About Broken Hill
Often referred to as the “Capital of the Outback”, Broken Hill is an iconic mining town in far west NSW full of spirit, history, diversity and character. It was Australia’s first city to be Nationally Heritage listed and has a bunch of natural and man-made attractions to explore from the Sculpture Symposium to the oldest regional gallery in NSW.
It really is a remote town like no other with a thriving night life as well as the fabulous annual Broken Heel Festival featuring performances from Australia’s best drag queens and showgirls. Far away from the light pollution of the big cities, Broken Hill is an ideal location for star gazing. It also has a number of lookouts that are perfect for indulging in spectacular sunsets over the vast, flat landscape.
With just a short 1hr15m flight from Adelaide, a 2hr flight from Melbourne or a 2hr30m flight from Sydney, Broken Hill provides a truly unique experience that you won’t find anywhere else.
Check out this video to see it for yourself:
Skills and Knowledge
- Recognised degree/qualification in health or behavioural science such as Nursing, Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Psychology, Health Science (with eligibility for NSW Registration/Professional Association where relevant) with a minimum of two years clinical experience in mental health.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills both written and verbal, with intermediate computer skills, including use of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Demonstrated application of evidence based practice and critical thinking to advocate for and implement individualised person centred care patient care.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team with a commitment to working with service partners, including carers and NGO's.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a manner that engenders mutual respect in a cross cultural environment.
- Evidence of participation in own professional development and commitment to maintaining competence and enhancement of skills, and willingness to apply and share professional expertise with colleagues.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to ethical practice and the recovery model for patient centred care.
- Current licence to drive in NSW.
About The Far West LHD
The Far West Local Health District makes up the western-most District in NSW, sharing its borders with South Australia, Queensland and Victoria. Far West LHD provides primary care to an estimated resident population of 30,000, employing over 800 staff across 9 facilities in Broken Hill, Balranald, Dareton, Ivanhoe, Menindee, Tibooburra, Wentworth, White Cliffs and Wilcannia.
To promote our vision of “excellence in rural and remote health”, Far West LHD upholds its CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Respect, and Empowerment.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
<div style="font-family: Arial;">An opportunity to be part of the Psychiatry, Mental Health Team for Homelessness Project at Macquarie Hospital is available.</div><div style="font-famil [...]
The Role An opportunity has become available for an Occupational Therapist Homeless Health Outreach Team to join Gold Coast Health GCH where the focus of our 10 -strong team is on providing world-cla [...]
Health Professional Level 3 - Mental Health Clinician - Access Mental Health (Job Number: 01M88) Description Job Title: Therapist Classification: Health Professional Level 2 Position Number: 4092 [...]
Mental Health Clinician - Access Mental Health Full-time Permanent Closes: 05 October 2020 Classification: Health Professional Level 3 Salary: $94,606 - $99,687 (up to $104,631 on achieving a p [...]