Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District
Employment Type : Permanent Full Time
Position Classification : Occupational Therapist Lvl 1/2
Remuneration : $64,270.00 - $93,114.00 per annum
Hours Per Week : 38
Requisition ID : REQ187527 Applications Close: 28/09/2020
Together, Achieving Better Health
Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District will drive innovation and excellence in health service delivery that provides safe, equitable, high quality, accessible, timely and efficient services that are responsive to the needs of patients and the community.
Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively encourages diversity and inclusion within our workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
About the Role
Working in a team approach as part of an Assertive Community Treatment Team in the provision of recovery oriented community mental health services, utilising best practice approaches, to enable consumers and their families to attain optimal wellbeing and mental health.
The occupational therapist will:
- Provide specialist occupational therapy assessment, recovery focused and evidence based individual and group interventions to promote occupational participation.
- Provide care coordination or to contribute in a variety of other ways to the overall functioning of the mental health service as required.
- Positively and proactively contribute to strengthening partnerships between the mental health service and other service partners both internal and external to the district.
- Respond to acute illness episodes, work toward the maintenance of client safety, utilising optimal treatment models.
About Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District
The Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District provides world-class clinical care, research and innovation, and is committed to providing a workplace culture that values and promotes the growth of high performing teams and individuals. We are passionate about the work we do, and are committed to improving the health of our local community and enhancing the experience of all our patients.
See why people like you join our local health district – and welcome to the family!
To check out our diverse workforce and see some of our recent innovative and community-focused achievements, browse our YouTube channel:
If you would like more information about our Local Health district, please visit our website:
If you read this and think “Wow – that’s me!” then please review the position description and selection criteria for the role. You will need to submit an application electronically by clicking on the “Apply Now” button. So that we truly understand how perfect you are for this role, please ensure that you detail your experience, skills, knowledge and any other relevant information by responding to each selection criteria .
To apply, you need to be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or hold an appropriate work visa.
Selection Criteria to be addressed:
- Degree in Occupational Therapy and current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Experience working in an Assertive Community Treatment Team and/or knowledge of the principles that guide service delivery within this model of practice
- Demonstrated capabilities for recovery-oriented mental health care and a commitment to the development of recovery oriented approaches to occupational therapy in mental health
- Demonstrated ability to utilise occupational therapy assessments and interventions to support consumers’ recovery utilising independent professional judgement and seeking supervision in line with level of experience, knowledge and skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team, engage in open communication, contribute to a positive team environment and actively contribute to the learning and development of others
- Demonstrated high level written documentation, computer competency and oral communication skills
- Willingness to provide supervision and support to students on placement in line with level of experience
- Current Driver's Licence and willingness to use for work purpose travel
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Hola... busco alluda con arreglar parez y pintar, Casa situada Woolloomooloo City trabajo para esta tarde... de 2pm o 3pm Llame o mensaje ******4111 + click to reveal [...]
WE REQUIRE THE FOLLOWING : 2 TONNE VANS FOR OUR CONTRACTS DEPARTMENT - PLENTY OF WORK AVAILABLE - - MINIMUM INCENTIVES FOR SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS Kick start your year by working with Capi [...]
About Us: At Lazor we pride ourselves on integrity, outstanding workmanship, flawless service and great time management. Our team of qualified installers work across a range of residential and light [...]
DSC Is recruiting looking for Carpenters to join our team ASAP in Sydney Having long term Projects starting up, we are on a look for Carpenters to join DSC Urgently. TFN and ABN available with gre [...]