Southern NSW Local Health District
Where you'll be working
At Southern NSW Local Health District we are working to help our communities lead healthy lives. Our mission is that all people across our diverse societies are able to have timely access to the right healthcare in the right setting to maximise their health, wellbeing and independence.
There is an abundance of lifestyle benefits available to you in country NSW and you will be amazed at what you will have access to - and it all comes without the queues and crowds of a big city. For more information
Bega – the rural heartland of the Sapphire Coast halfway between Melbourne and Sydney, a short drive to beautiful sandy beaches and national park wilderness.
Just 3 hours to Canberra with the perfect climate to the outdoors all year round, including whale watching between June and November. The pretty valley is a beautiful base for exploring gorgeous beaches, tranquil waterways and beautiful national parks.
What you'll be doing
The Mental Health Peer Worker assists mental health consumers to transition from an acute inpatient admission to reintegrate into their community.
- Personal "lived experience” of being a consumer of a mental health service.
- An ability to provide "tailored" assertive follow up care to consumers recently discharged from hospital for up to 6 weeks post discharge.
- A general understanding of the nature of mental health service delivery, including some knowledge of State and national policies and directions for mental health services.
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate empathically and supportively with mental health service consumers, and effectively with mental health service providers.
- Minimum Qualification Certificate IV in Mental Health Peer Work (consumer) or willingness to obtain same within 12 months of appointment.
- An understanding or "Recovery" and "Trauma Informed care" as they relate to many people experiencing mental health issues.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated competency in Microsoft computer applications.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Employment Type : Permanent Part Time Facility: Acute Care Ward, Shellharbour Hospital Position Classification : Clinical Nurse Educator Remuneration : $49.21 - $50.81 per hour Hours Per W [...]
One of the most popular Thai Takeaway stores on the Gold Coast have positions available for school based business traineeships with a retail focus.The successful candidate will complete a Certificate [...]
Enjoy a career with Beaumont Tiles! - Be part of our growth - Dynamic, supportive and successful teams - Permanent Part-time position (19hrs / week) - Must be available to work on Saturday [...]
Where you'll be working At Southern NSW Local Health District we are working to help our communities lead healthy lives. Our mission is that all people across our diverse societies are able to have t [...]