Far West Local Health District
New South Wales
Employment Type : Permanent Full Time
Position Classification : Nurse Unit Mgr Lvl 1
Remuneration : $113065.74
Hours Per Week : 38
Requisition ID : REQ187686
Location: (see link for local information)
What you'll be doing
Provide an appropriate and safe standard of care within a multidisciplinary team for all consumers of the Community Mental Health Drug and Alcohol (MHDA) Service.
About Broken Hill
Often referred to as the “Capital of the Outback”, Broken Hill is an iconic mining town in far west NSW full of spirit, history, diversity and character.
It was Australia’s first city to be Nationally Heritage listed and has a bunch of natural and man-made attractions to explore from the Sculpture Symposium to the oldest regional gallery in NSW.
It really is a remote town like no other with a thriving night life as well as the fabulous annual Broken Heel Festival featuring performances from Australia’s best drag queens and showgirls. Far away from the light pollution of the big cities, Broken Hill is an ideal location for star gazing. It also has a number of lookouts that are perfect for indulging in spectacular sunsets over the vast, flat landscape.
With just a short 1hr15m flight from Adelaide, a 2hr flight from Melbourne or a 2hr30m flight from Sydney, Broken Hill provides a truly unique experience that you won’t find anywhere else.
Watch this video to see it for yourself:
Skills and Knowledge
- Current nursing/midwifery registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) with a minimum of 3 years post graduate experience in Mental Health.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, excellent written, verbal communication skills and ability to negotiate resolutions and manage conflict
- Proven ability to create and maintain a positive workplace culture and articulate and achieve a vision for nursing services within a multidisciplinary community MHDA environment.
- Demonstrated focus on service excellence through the ability to read and act on issues quickly, decisively and effectively and to apply and share professional expertise to enhance consumer care.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead, coach, mentor, encourage and guide others to enable them to reach their full potential and effectively adapt to ongoing change within a multidisciplinary group with broad clinical experience and knowledge.
- Demonstrated computer literacy and ability to use a variety of the NSW Health computer applications.
- Knowledge and understanding of mental health issues within the perinatal period with preparedness to undergo any recommended further training in this area.
- Licence to drive a motor vehicle in NSW.
About The Far West LHD
The Far West Local Health District makes up the western-most District in NSW, sharing its borders with South Australia, Queensland and Victoria. Far West LHD provides primary care to an estimated resident population of 30,000, employing over 750 staff across 9 facilities in Broken Hill, Balranald, Dareton, Ivanhoe, Menindee, Tibooburra, Wentworth, White Cliffs and Wilcannia.
To promote our vision of “excellence in rural and remote health”, Far West LHD upholds its CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Respect, and Empowerment.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job no: 500007 Work type: Full-time Location: Sydney, NSW Categories: Associate Lecturer Research Associate The School of Civil and Environmental Engineering is the largest School in the F [...]
Work type: Permanent Full Time Location: NSW - Metro Categories: Delivery Australia Post Australia Post is part of the fabric of Australia – and has been for generations. Through our [...]
Administrative Service Officer 3 - Administration Support Officer (Job Number: 01QZZ) Description Job Title: Administration Support Officer Classification: Administrative Services Officer Class 3 [...]
Branch Officer, Clerk 3/4 (Talent Pool, Branch Network) - Join Our Branch Network Talent Pool - Various NSW Locations: Sydney, Parramatta, Bathurst, Broken Hill, Lismore, Newcastle, Port Macqua [...]