WEST ST Career Pathways, Aboriginal Languages & Employability Skills
Education Support Officer
Aboriginal Studies (Identified)
Location: Tamworth, Orange or Dubbo
Position : Temporary
BE in a career you love with TAFE NSW
TAFE NSW’s purpose is to skill the workforce of the future. It is Australia's leading provider of vocational education and training with over 500,000 annual enrolments and a proud history for setting the benchmark for quality service. As the NSW public provider, it supports the NSW Government's priority to grow skills for the economy and jobs of tomorrow. Critically, TAFE NSW plays a vital role in providing vocational education in rural and regional NSW, and job training pathways for the most vulnerable in the community.
TAFE NSW offers the best of campus-based delivery as well as flexible, online and work-based learning. The TAFE NSW values of Customer First, Collaboration, Integrity and Excellence guide our team in strengthening communities, delivering world-class training for our students and producing job ready graduates for employers. The operating environment for TAFE NSW is dynamic as we leverage our scale, expertise, passion and reputation to meet the rapidly changing VET landscape.
TAFE NSW is committed to its students and customers and the role it plays in changing lives and opening up opportunities through learning.
Your application for this role must include:
- Two (2) referees with email addresses.
- Claim for the position addressing the following selection criteria.
- Resume, including evidence that you meet the specific requirements of the position you are applying for.
Click here for:
Note: This position is targeted for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people under Government Sector Employment Rule 26. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply. Non-Aboriginal people are also encouraged to apply. Aboriginal applicants selected for an interview will be required to provide Confirmation of Aboriginality documentation at interview.
Placement on a suitability list does not constitute an offer of employment, nor does it guarantee that an offer of employment will be made. The creation of a suitability list is to access suitable applicants for any short term, temporary or casual work that may arise. Suitability lists are maintained to ensure that there are sufficient lists of qualified applicants that can be engaged when required to meet current and anticipated business needs.
This is a child-related position. A Working With Children Check is a prerequisite for anyone in child-related work. It involves a national criminal history check and review of findings of workplace misconduct. More information on the Working With Children Check (WWCC) can be found at .
If you have:
- Certificate III or above in Aboriginal Languages, Aboriginal Studies, Aboriginal Culture and/or Aboriginal Health
- The desire to continue to develop your Vocational Education and Training (VET) knowledge and skills
…….We would love to hear from you!
For more information please contact Vincent Williamson on 0413 265 552 or
Closing Date: Sunday 25 October 2020 at 11:59 pm
Be Bold. Be Ambitious. Make your next move the right one.
An Education Support Officer is supervised by a Teacher-in-Charge, or Head Teacher and works under the direction of a Teacher as appropriate.
The role of the Education Support Officer involves a range of activities which directly and indirectly support learning and enhance the educative process. These include the following functions performed under the supervision or guidance of a Head Teacher or Teacher:
1. Provide support to students to carry out tasks and understand their learning materials and concepts
2. Work in conjunction with Teachers and other roles as part of a delivery team
3. Provide tutoring support to clients in a range of locations and modes to maintain engagement with the learning program and to build skill and competence as advised by a Teacher
4. Implement the tutoring strategy that has been developed by the Teacher and follow up students to encourage ongoing engagement and motivate and encourage the students to complete their tasks and activities
5. Support Teachers and Head Teachers in meeting ASQA compliance functions including documentation
6. Supplement the teaching activities by providing follow-up instruction as provided by the teacher and opportunities to practice skills
7. Provide tutoring support and feedback by face-to-face contact, email, online or by other mode using a range of media options.
8. Provide support to the department and attend meetings as required
9. Carry out administrative functions as required to support the teaching section
Note: This role does not teach or prepare lessons or resources and does not deliver training nor undertake assessment
Key Application Responses
1. Appropriate subject knowledge, skills and vocational qualifications (Certificate III or above) and a commitment to maintain technical currency in at least 1 of the below areas: Aboriginal Languages, Aboriginal Studies, Aboriginal Culture, Aboriginal Health.
2. Aboriginality (Aboriginality is a genuine occupational qualification and is authorized under Section 14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act of 1977).
3. Ability to understand the content of the learning materials and the processes used in the discipline.
4. High-level interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to be proactive and show initiative and ability to explain ideas in a clear and concise manner.
5. Commitment and ability to support learning in an adult environment and a demonstrated ability to motivate and encourage students.
6. Ability to establish effective working relationships with people from a diverse range of backgrounds and to provide quality customer service as part of a broader team.
7. Skills in the use of relevant information and communication technologies.
8. Commitment and capacity to implement Equal Employment opportunity (EEO), Ethical Practice, Ethnic Affairs Priorities Statements, Work Health and Safety (WH&S;) as they relate to the position.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Looking for a kitchen hand to work at Rhondas Terrigal, casual position, mostly focused around cleaning duties but other duties can include food preparation and service with training if applicable. [...]
Three small to medium sized hospitality/events businesses (all with the same ownership) looking for a experienced bookkeeper/financial guru to work roughly one-two days per week. Responsibilities wi [...]
Description About us At Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts our goal is to make business travel work. That's where you come in. When you're part of the Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts brand you're more than [...]
The Company Tradepro is an Australian owned home renovation company that specialises in supplying trade services to the Kitchen/Bathroom/Laundry industry. While our head office is on the Gold Coast, [...]