Hunter Water Corporation
- Work in a frontline team to deliver safe, effective and efficient services to Hunter Water's customers and community
- Excellent opportunity to develop your skills and capabilities
Hunter Water is seeking candidates to fill four (4) Civil Maintenance Operations Trainee/Labourer positions Hunter Water Corporation delivers valued water, wastewater and associated services to Newcastle and the greater Hunter region. Our purpose is to enable the sustainable growth of the region and the life our communities desire, with high quality, affordable services. We are embarking on a new strategic direction to build a more innovative,
collaborative and resilient organisation that is a thought leader in developing a sustainable water and wastewater future. to read more about Hunter Water, the 2017+3 strategy and what our employees value about working here. The work of Maintenance Delivery at Hunter Water underpins and enhances the Corporations ability to delivery on its mission and values. Operating 24/7, 365 days a year the Maintenance Delivery Group is on the frontline delivering essential water and wastewater services across Hunter Water's operational region in the Lower Hunter. As the Operations Labourer you will be primarily responsible for performing general labouring work and relief as required associated with the operation, maintenance and construction of the water supply, wastewater and stormwater drainage systems. For a full list of duties please refer to the Position Description linked below. Roles entering the Civil Maintenance team spend the first 6 months as a trainee, this training component includes being verified as competent in all relevant areas as well as completing necessary training. This trainee position offers a starting annualised wage rate of $67,791 per annum plus superannuation contributions of 9.5%. Employees have access to a Rostered Day Off system and a range of other attractive employee benefits. To be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following essential selection criteria:
- Minimum of Year 10 Certificate
- Current Construction Induction Card
- Unrestricted Class C Drivers Licence
- Current MR Drivers Licence (or be willing and able to obtain within 6 months of commencing employment. This is an essential criteria and therefore candidates would be expected to obtain the licence at their own expense and outside of work hours if successful)
- Demonstrated experience working around water and waste water infrastructure in a construction or maintenance based environment
- Demonstrated experience and capacity to work manually for an extended period including activities such as hand digging, lifting etc.
- Demonstrated ability in reading and interpreting water and sewer plans or similar
- Ability to recognise environmental impacts of field work and ability to put in place environmental risk mitigation controls
- Knowledge of water and wastewater infrastructure
- Competent in operating computers and other mobile technologies including smart phones, tablets etc.
- Proven ability to work effectively within small teams
- Proven focus on continual improvement and promoting high standards of work
- Proven commitment to showing enthusiasm and initiative
- Proven commitment to working within a safety focussed work environment and a high degree of personal commitment to safety leadership
The following education, skills and experience is not essential but will be highly regarded in the selection process:
- Demonstrated competency in excavator, backhoe and front end loader operation
- Current HC Drivers licence
- Current Fork Lift ticket
- Completion of any of the following training: traffic control, confined space, safe work near overhead powerlines, First aid/CPR, work safely at heights and/or high pressure sewer jetting
- Experience in water main and sewer main repairs, jetting procedures, valve installations, plant and truck operations, water service repair or similar
- Experience operating an excavator and/or backhoe in a built up environment and around underground services. It is highly desirably if this experience is also on water and/or sewer mains
- Experience leading teams or individuals in a construction or maintenance based environment
To be considered for this position applicants must: - Address the Selection Criteria listed above and - Provide a current resume To obtain the position description please At Hunter Water we fundamentally believe in and commit to . We value individual's unique capabilities, backgrounds, experiences and characteristics. We rely on these diverse perspectives to drive innovation and collaboration, to deliver the best outcome for our customers and communities. It is this diversity of perspectives that will enable Hunter Water to meet the challenges of the future. We strive to create an inclusive environment where there is genuine equality of opportunity regardless of people's gender, age, cultural background, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status. We are open to addressing your needs through flexible working arrangements, including but not limited to: change to hours of work, job sharing and working from home. We encourage you to apply and welcome all applications. Application Closing Date: Tuesday 29 September 2020 Interested? Apply Now! Employment with Hunter Water Corporation may be subject to pre-employment functional assessment, competency assessments and drug and alcohol testing for preferred external applicants.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Casual Work - Newcastle and Hunter Valley area. We are seeking people with an interest in modelling work for various short term week day or weekend activities. Great pay and conditions. No experience [...]
About the role Reporting to the HHP Engineering Manager, this will see you based in our busy Newcastle branch as a part of our National High Horse Power Engineering team. This varied role will ensure [...]
Will you actively create a healthier future for tomorrow? At Medibank, we’re encouraged to think big. With a clear purpose to impact better health outcomes for our customers, patients and our commu [...]
Administrative Officers - 2 x Ongoing roles, Salary package up to $104,578 - Flexible working options About Us Revenue NSW is the state’s principal revenue management agency. We are part of the [...]