Cessnock High School is a contemporary and future focused learning community located in the historic heritage school buildings on Aberdare Rd, in the picturesque Hunter Valley.
Our 2021 enrolment is predicted to encompass 660 students from diverse backgrounds including 23% of whom identify as Aboriginal and or Torres Strait Islander. We proudly foster strong relationships with our partner primary schools and have set the standard in Aboriginal Education, Special Education, Middle School and CASE: our acclaimed 'Cessnock Academy of STEM Excellence’.
Our staff are highly qualified,
passionate and dedicated individuals who strive to ensure all students are provided with a diverse range of opportunities to be inspired, valued, hopeful and intellectually curious global citizens.
Applicants must satisfy the teacher training and academic qualification requirements for this position. In addition to the general selection criteria,
- Approval to teach VET teacher training in VET Hospitality -Commercial Cookery (VHO) and VET Hospitality - Food & Beverage (VFH). Approval to teach Food Technology and Design andTechnology.
- Ability to plan and manage resources effectively, with a high level of organisational and administrative skills including supervising a diverse range subjects and teacher experience
- Demonstrated capacity to initiate, engage and support programs and initiatives in a diverse school on both a faculty and whole school context.
- Demonstrated capacity to foster positive relationship with the broader community to provide a positive environment for students identifying as Aboriginal and or Torres Strait Islander
- Demonstrated experience in managing staff to meet compliance with VET quality assurance practices and NESA audit processes
General Selection Criteria
1. Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
2. Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
3. Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
4. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
5. Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
6. Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Night Production Team (NPT) POSITION AVAILABLE – Cardiff, Newcastle Employment status: Casual positions only Vacancy: 3 positions available Wage Rate: Fast Food Industry award rates apply Worki [...]
<div style="font-size:10pt"><span style="font-size:12px"><strong>Employment Type</strong>: Permanent Part Time<br /> <strong>Position Classification</s [...]
The Opportunity We are seeking a full time General Practitioner to join our busy, modern practice in Bonnells Bay NSW. Ochre Medical Centre Bonnells Bay has been part of the Lake Macquarie communit [...]
Join a bright, newly renovated mixed billing practice set within a beautiful residential location. Earn 70% billings and an hourly guarantee. - Offering 70% of billing + hourly guarantee for the firs [...]